LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Images
    Anyone know what surfline is calling for on sunday?

Images
    Md-Delaware Forecast
    FAIR-GOOD
    SURF: 5-7 ft. - head high to 2 ft. overhead and fair-good conditions
    SE/ESE swell from Bill continues; swell begins to fade in PM

Well said Hanaebu. What's the point of unprovoked, anonymous trash talking on a surfing forum? Weird.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BCA View Post
    Well said Hanaebu. What's the point of unprovoked, anonymous trash talking on a surfing forum? Weird.
    I agree and I'm not very familiar with internet forums, but I thought a surfing forum wouldn't have much BS. I guess surfing means different things to different people. It shouldn't involve douchebaggery though, in my personal opinion.

Well said Stoney, BCA and Hanaebu.... can anyone throw a poor college grad a bone and let me know what surfline is calling for NJ on sat and sun? Thanks.

why surfline and not swellinfo???

Just wanna see what both say to compare. I didn't think that'd be a problem. Personally, I use Swellinfo 99% of the time. But for a hurricane swell like this, I'd just like to compare both.

Images
    their definitely going on the conservative side... which is not necessarily a bad thing... but the swell projections are much bigger than that...

As I've been saying... The question is not going to be if there is going to be really big swells, but how the local breaks will handle it...

Mavericks in california may go 40ft, but there are breaks next to it that are just overhead on the same swell.

Thanks guys. I'm just of the mindset that we're all out there to have fun. The one thing that I love about surfing is meeting people in the lineup and making friends to paddle out with. Since we're all part of a larger "family", so to speak, we should be looking out for one another not dogging each other...regardless of skill level. Maybe it's an old school way of thinking but it makes sense to me.

Those who trash others need to remember that there is always someone better than them and we're all beginners compared to someone else.
    Last edited by Hanaebu; Aug 19, 2009 at 04:14 PM.

10. Another thing to keep in mind when choosing your break sunday is that ground swell with large periods has the ability to wrap around bends in the coastline.