LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wang View Post
    6'3" Ultra Lite @ OC Shoals or D-Bay sat, my assateague spot on sunday w/ a handful of friends. No longboard for me, tough to drench kooks w/ buckets o spray on a big board. Not tryn to be a j@ck@ss, was just being honest- dimensions were way off on that board. I didn't start caring about what I rode until I could pull a full wraparound, cause I prob couldn't tell much of a dif on things like fins n stuff either.

what are your specs on the 6'3?
    Last edited by wbluke; Aug 19, 2009 at 11:51 PM.

Images
    Should i take out my 5'10" biscuit or my 6'0" pod?

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna give it a go. Suck it up, strap that b@$%$ on my ankle and paddle out

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rlghdude View Post
    Have a question for someone who can give some sort of useful answer and not a bunch of %#@$ talk. Been surfing in buxton, NC several times in OH conditions. Never been in DOH conditions. If this swell will actually pans out to be DOH do I have a realistic chance of being able to drop safely into a wave this size with a 6'1" board? I'm not worried about the paddle out. I'll find a place to paddle out and I'm confident that I can make it outside just not confident in my equipment when it comes to actually dropping into a wave this size. I'm 5'8" 160 lb. Thanks for the info
    I have a question similar: (me being 5'7 & 130 lbs) Would my 5'11 X 19.25 X 2.5 handle the drop on anything up to d-oh (i'm not going out if t-oh sets show up - gun or not). It has a baby swallow and is a thruster. Since it's thicker and wider than a regular shortboard it paddles faster so wouldn't that help?

Like what rightdude said, I'm not concerned about the paddle, I can surf all from 7:30 - 4:30 and my arms feel fine, it's just the drop. plus, if all possible, I'm saving my money for a new wetsuit, not a step-up.

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna give it a go. Suck it up, strap that b@$%$ on my ankle and paddle out
    i am doing the same thing

Images
    yeah, if it doesn't work out, paddle in

7. Quote Originally Posted by Zansurf View Post
    Should i take out my 5'10" biscuit or my 6'0" pod?

I dunno man, I would personally recommend a 5'4 or 5'6 mini velo simmons for 10 to 12 foot face...

Mine...

Biggest I've had this out in was 2 to 3 foot overhead (8 to 10') but it was mushy surf.

Quote Originally Posted by endlessummer89 View Post
    WOOOOOOO I remember sitting on the beach when I was 12 watching the bombs from Fabian roll through and being all mad that my parents would not let me paddle out ( A good thing )

Ever since then I have been waiting for a swell like this, just bought a new leash for my 6'8 pintail can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have a feeling I know exactly how you felt....cept I am 14 now. Maybe it will work out haha

Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    I have a question similar: (me being 5'7 & 130 lbs) Would my 5'11 X 19.25 X 2.5 handle the drop on anything up to d-oh (i'm not going out if t-oh sets show up - gun or not). It has a baby swallow and is a thruster. Since it's thicker and wider than a regular shortboard it paddles faster so wouldn't that help?

Like what rightdude said, I'm not concerned about the paddle, I can surf all from 7:30 - 4:30 and my arms feel fine, it's just the drop. plus, if all possible, I'm saving my money for a new wetsuit, not a step-up.

i can paddle reallllly fast even on my 6'2 so i will be taking that out first then if it doesnt work out then i will be getting my dads 6'8 just take a few paddles down the face of the wave

Quote Originally Posted by wbluke View Post
    yellow soft top john ?
    nope... his name will remain disclosed