LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Images
    Im not bringing my best boards for fear they will break in half. I will only bring my boards that have turned yellow from the sun that I drew pictures on with a sharpie and have so much pressure dings that they are a quarter inch thinner than they were brand new. One of my boards' fin set probably costs more than it.

Images
    How big was Hanna's swell last year?

Depends where you were, CB had some sets overhead for sure and it was fun, clean and offshore til mid afternoon. There were some closeouts, but the higher the tide, the more open it got.. The inside became fairly brutal though for that last little hack section.

Quote Originally Posted by NCsurfer View Post
    How big was Hanna's swell last year?
    I live in SC and my spot was like 6-8' last year for Hanna! Im guessing it was bigger up by you in NC

Quote Originally Posted by ivan View Post
    i used to live down there, and i think that it was fran back in the late 90s...they closed most of the beaches further south near pawley's island, and people had to paddle down the intercoastal through inlets. i was pretty young then, but this is what i remember.
    Oh Ok i wasnt down here then. I moved here 5 years ago from Long Island! That does sound like something SC would do though.

Better not do it Saturday!!!!

Awareness

All I have to say if people stay aware, we can all have fun. There are too many people out who have no idea who is around them and just paddle for every wave. It really gets dangerous. I am not trashing anyone, we all surf because we love it...just please be respectful of your fellow surfers.

Was anyone out near access 39 during that last swell we had? Not naming any names, but there was one surf school out there with all of their soft tops just cutting everyone off and getting smashed. On our way out we saw the surf school ring leader drop in on like 5 guys. Is that what surf school is for?-teaching improper etiquette? Seriously....Everyone has a right to learn to surf, but those doing the teaching should know better.

Hope everyone has fun wherever you surf....!

yeah, thats definitely right...but on the other hand, if i see someone thats a complete kook and they cant ride a high line and thus can not draw enough speed to catch up to me when i drop in on them, then it's fair game. i dont just drop in on anyone, when im out i'll watch how everyone is surfing, and if someone is a total goon, and they're missing set waves and messing it up for everyone.. then i dont feel bad about it at all... if anything they can watch my ass down the line and see how its done haha. stuff like that exists all over the world, so im not going to give anyone slack. no one gave me waves when i was starting out, so i see no reason to break the cycle.

" if someone is a total goon, and they're missing set waves and messing it up for everyone.. then i dont feel bad about it at all... if anything they can watch my ass down the line and see how its done haha.[/QUOTE]

Ivan:

Yeah man, you are spot on. I hope that's not what you thought I meant man. Giving waves...no, although I will occasionally give a wave if it is a buddy or a mutual thing going on. The goons that you are talking about are fair game in those instances....especially if they are out in surf that they shouldn't be in. If you just have to paddle out in surf you really aren't ready for, just stay out of other surfer's way and just watch....or just stay on the beach and watch good surfers techniques and learn....

The surf school thing though......that was lame

I am surfing Friday and Sunday but I'm leaving Sat to the pros! Everyone be safe and have fun!

Over hyped? Hmmm...

Well, Just so all you Bill being over hyped talking fellows out there know, Surfline is saying this for Saturday:
    FAIR-GOOD
    SURF: 6-8 ft. - head high + to 3 ft. overhead and fair-good conditions.
    Fun SE swell from Ana; standouts see bigger sets with the favorable tides Lingering SE Ana swell early; bigger sets likely in PM as Bill swell moves in Solid long period SE/ESE swell from Bill

We'll see huh!? It's like being a little kid knowing that "Santa" is coming, but not sure what he is going to bring.....