LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

1. East Coast Travel Influx?

Will surfers from north south or even west(CA) travel to the EC for the swell? Even within the EC, will surfers risk traveling away from their home breaks for the chance to score bigger/cleaner conditions? If so, its interesting to speculate which regions will get the most visitors besides the obvious places i.e OBX.

Personally, I'm staying put at my home break. However, if I had time/money I would love to go check out Nova Scotia.

Any thoughts? Planned Road trips?

Rodanthe OBX... for a week

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Rodanthe OBX... for a week
    As luck would have it, that's exactly where I will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    As luck would have it, that's exactly where I will be.
    I wish you luck....this the turns will be washed out by Friday and people stranded on one side or the other. Get hunkered in!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Joyner View Post
    I wish you luck....this the turns will be washed out by Friday and people stranded on one side or the other. Get hunkered in!
    I'm already concerned with as much water moving around as there is going to be. I'm pretty confident in the forecast that calls for Bill to turn northward and not make landfall, but the house we are staying in is less than 100 yards from the beach in an area where there are no dunes. There are some houses right on the beach and I'll bet money they have water flowing under them when we get there on Saturday.

Images
    I'm off to RI Friday night......easier paddle out and it def can hold the size there. I would hang locally but not taking the chance of missing this swell by it's huge closeouts. Instead, I will be surfing super clean shackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
    Will surfers from north south or even west(CA) travel to the EC for the swell? Even within the EC, will surfers risk traveling away from their home breaks for the chance to score bigger/cleaner conditions? If so, its interesting to speculate which regions will get the most visitors besides the obvious places i.e OBX.

Personally, I'm staying put at my home break. However, if I had time/money I would love to go check out Nova Scotia.

Any thoughts? Planned Road trips?

I was in Nova Scotia about this time last year. I had 1-3 ft surf while I was there, but it was a beautiful beach, 20 mins outside of the city (Halifax), and looks like it had some nice point breaks if the swell is bigger