LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    Guys, FYI, the Outer Banks will be breaking a mile out... Just too big on the peak of the swell, going to have to either catch it in the beginning or end of the swell for the banks... Or, for the hell men, take the ski and find that our sand bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Guys, FYI, the Outer Banks will be breaking a mile out... Just too big on the peak of the swell, going to have to either catch it in the beginning or end of the swell for the banks... Or, for the hell men, take the ski and find that our sand bar.
    I agree. Especially for Saturday. If it's really gonna be 3X OH, nobody will be able to make it out to the lineup just by paddling.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    I just want to get to my house!

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    ****, this is bad news. I'll be pulling in to that part of town around 11 AM on Saturday. Dare county has a web cam setup at S-turns that focuses on the road. I can check that from my Blackberry to see how bad it looks. How will Dare notify the public if there is a road closure there? Anyone?
    http://www.darenc.com/webcam/mirlo.php

Back in '95 or '96 we arrived to the Outer Banks in August under similar conditions. We had to time our movements through a couple of patches according to tempo of the sets as the water washed over the dunes. Almost got hit by one.

These may be of use - notices are usually posted when things are happening - local rental agencies will usually post alerts/notices as well (Hatteras Realty, Outer Beaches Realty, etc.):
    http://www.co.dare.nc.us/EmgyMgmt/evacmap.htm
    http://www.co.dare.nc.us/

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I just want to get to my house!
    If your cottage is anywhere near the beach you might want to consider taking some fishing waders. They build those cottages on stilts for a reason!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rodndtube View Post
    If your cottage is anywhere near the beach you might want to consider taking some fishing waders. They build those cottages on stilts for a reason!
    ~ 100 yards from the ocean. No dunes.

do u guys think the road will be fine sunday afternoon??

Images
    Earlier this morning, I spoke to Jessica at the Dare County Emergency Management Office. She stated that road overwash is something that they are just accustomed to and that they had no plans for crews to be working on Saturday or Sunday. She said, if you have an SUV, drive through it. Of course, if it's 4 feet deep that's probably not a good idea. If there is a closure, it will be posted on the website that Mr. Tube posted above. Jessica also said that she would leave any updates on the road conditions on her VM message before she leaves the office on Friday.

Images
    Hwy 12 will wash out by Satudays high tide right at the house where "Nights in Rodanthe" was filmed. When it does they take at least a day to clear it. Might need that jet ski to tow in 300yds off lighthouse.....unless you know those only 2 spots that can hold it in close! ...ha!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycraxcorn View Post
    Here we go with the "secret spots" again.........
    They wouldn't be secret if mentioned. Besides, it's not like they are totally secret, just not well known. And those that do know are either local or have been adventuring around down there all their life (like me).