LOGIN | REGISTER

Size for a fish?

Hello everyone I'm new to the forums and have a quick question! I'm planning on buying a fish within the next few days, I'm 5 foot 9 and 150lbs. The short board I'm on as of now is only 5'10, so what size fish would be right for me? Thanks.
    ________
    HEAD SHOP
    Last edited by burdturd; Sep 2, 2011 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by burdturd View Post
    Hello everyone I'm new to the forums and have a quick question! I'm planning on buying a fish within the next few days, I'm 5 foot 9 and 150lbs. The short board I'm on as of now is only 5'10, so what size fish would be right for me? Thanks.
    What experience level are you?
    10-Slater
    7 -Top 5 at local contests
    5 -Avg. doing cutbacks and some floaters
    1 -Newb

Are you still growing (>18yrs)?

If you can ride that short board, go for a classic 5'5" x 19'1/4" Lost (maybe smaller) or a 5'6"-5'8" Rocket Fish. I have had both and still have my Kechele Rocket Fish w/ a stub tail and absolutely love it!!!

I'd say skill level at around 6, and as for growing... I'm 18 now so if I grow anymore it won't be much haha. I was looking into the rnf but I don't have close to 600 to spend. But I'll definately look for something in the 5'5 or 5'6 range.
    ________
    AVANDIA WITHDRAW
    Last edited by burdturd; Sep 2, 2011 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by burdturd View Post
    I'd say skill level at around 6, and as for growing... I'm 18 now so if I grow anymore it won't be much haha. I was looking into the rnf but I don't have close to 600 to spend. But I'll definately look for something in the 5'5 or 5'6 range.
    There you go. Past 18yrs we grow wide not tall. Yeah, every fish I've owned has been b/w 4-6inches shorter than my standard squash.

Thanks for the info! I actually think I'm going to pick up a lost rnf quad. I really didn't want to spend 600 on a board but everyone is saying that board is as good as it gets. I should have it in my hands tomorrow morning .
    ________
    Web Shows
    Last edited by burdturd; Sep 2, 2011 at 08:54 AM.

Images
    well if your in the mnomouth county are theres a surf shop called bare wires, they make there own epoxy boards and they have a 5'6 retro quad, fish, its like 475 but im sure hell give you a dicount.