LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BIG BILL-- Who can hold him?

You think there are any breaks in NJ or LI that can hold these long period swells we're going to see Saturday/Sunday?

Images
    i would suggest looking for the breaks that you normally wouldnt think of... spots that are much more protected. If the swell heights/periods roll in that are projected, than it is going to be really interested to see what kind of breaks come alive and on the other hand where some places will just be total wash outs.

3. Close-outs are going to be an issue, especially during peak intensity of the swell on Sunday. Without question, the premier breaks are more likely to provide make-able sections, problem is....word will spread quick about which ones are working followed by cameras and local heroes.

Personally I think the most rippable wave will be Sunday evening once the swell starts backing off and the tide begins filling in during the evening hours (I believe low will be around 430pm in NJ). Monday morning DP will also probably be another safe bet, the crowds will be thin and the swell height/period will be much more manageable for NJs linear beach breaks. Strategically pick your times/places and conserve your energy.

Cape Cod Breaks

anyone think this swell will produce anything good for cape cod

Quote Originally Posted by aslowsurfer View Post
    anyone think this swell will produce anything good for cape cod
    weekend just looks nasty. might catch a break up the arm.

Quote Originally Posted by skoot1200 View Post
    weekend just looks nasty. might catch a break up the arm.
    I surf in wellfleet but im not sure it will be clean there, would provincetown be clean?

hopefull the wind doesnt mess them all up :/

New Man!!

Earlier today was the first time I've ever seen a man with third bar over his head haha. It's going to be interesting.

cape will be good in the pre-swell pulses on friday and the post swell on monday & tuesday... good warmup for the main events, and a nice way to end the show... but if you don't know where to go by now i will give you a hint... go over the bridge, New England will be firing!!!

deffinitly go to gilgo or your local beach break it will hold for sure. il be out at gilgo with my new fish everyones welcome to come i love surfing with people.