LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Just to know

Images

Just to know

MAnasquan is no secret, but in my year of surfing ive never seen waves this big rolling through. 11 ft at 18 seconds is massive. I just wanna know how many people have ever surfed squan this big, or know if squan will hold with surfable waves. SHould be a contender for swell of the century (since 2000) if it holds out

Images
    Squan should hold it and no I've never surfed Squan above head-high. I still think this storm won't produce as big as we're thinking it will right now. I could definitely be wrong though.

im hoping squan holds.

i need to invest in a boat

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    squan gets big, but i can't imagine it holding out during the biggest part of the swell (aka sat -sun morn)

Images
    I think the inlet will hold up.... I've seen it pump 12 - 14 ft

Images
    it's not the size that is the problem for the inlet, or any of jersey, it's the period. 13-15ft at 18-17 seconds is tow-in style waves. Seriously, look at places like waimea and mavericks when they're big, this is the size and period those spots break at.

Granted the NJ coast is significantly different than Hawaii (duh) or California (duh) and there is the continental shelf, which will play a factor in causing some energy to dissipate. With that said, I will be shocked if the inlet or any spot (except for 1 or 2) in NJ holds this swell. Sunday night is looking to be quite fun though.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by beaner View Post
    Sunday night is looking to be quite fun though.
    My thoughts exactly.

Images
    Well put! I'm so anxious to get in the water and surf! It's been flat for way to long!