LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: 44009 down

Images

44009 down

How is the Del Bay Buoy going to go down just before this swell.

That is unfair!

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    How is the Del Bay Buoy going to go down just before this swell.

That is unfair!
    I know. Noticed it last night before bed round midnight but I thought it would be back up by this morning (technical failure or something). And, the data that you can get is all in metric- and my metric conversions are weak at best.

The lady that answered at NOAA didn't know why it was down but took my number and said she would call back. Keep you posted.

Michelle didn't know what happened. someone else is suppose to call me back. Data just went live a minute or two ago. She also gave me the number to the Buoy Observation Deck, manned 24/7, said to call anytime if we notice something funny with a Buoy or data. Number is... 228-688-2500.

Images
    buoy tech failures happen all the time, but just crappy timing here...

meters to feet. feet = 3.281 meters.

Bob Weir (of all names) just called me back from NOAA. He said they are having transmission problems with that Buoy. They havev re-configured the transmission but he said it was intermitten at best. Data will still be coming through but might be missing some figure-especially wave height since it is at the end of each transmission. They are working on getting a team out to look at it. Though it will probably not happen until next week do to sea heights. Hope this helps. Still sux.

There is no sea height right now, it's a freakin conspiracy I tell ya

Images
    Back up...