LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

Images

swell arrival time

Looking at the buoy west of Bermuda, the long period swells started to show on thursday morning. By my calculations this means it should start hitting the Outer Banks on Friday morning, and then fill into Delmarva by late morning/midday, then up into Jersey.

The Swellinfo model seems to place the swell arrival a little bit ahead of other sources, but I think it seems pretty on point. In any case, the long period swell will start filtering in through the day on Friday. If the swells dont hit first thing in the morning, don't call the swell a bust... they will be coming, the timing might just be off a few hours or so.

Images
    welcome BILL!

Images
    sure wish all of the outer buoys in the mid atlantic weren't out of service.

thanks for the update i love this website

The crowd will be thin in Rodanthe if its triple overhead + on Saturday. OBX will be head high and clean all day Sunday, so I shall supply some photos of me showing you clowns what properly shredding head high waves looks like. I hope everyone will post their best pics from the weekend as well.... please no layer downers.... stander uppers only....

Good luck crumbs....

you'll be watching me shred while your sitting on the sand!

OT but check this video out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tQxntGibP8

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycraxcorn View Post
    The crowd will be thin in Rodanthe if its triple overhead + on Saturday. OBX will be head high and clean all day Sunday, so I shall supply some photos of me showing you clowns what properly shredding head high waves looks like. I hope everyone will post their best pics from the weekend as well.... please no layer downers.... stander uppers only....

Good luck crumbs....

you'll be watching me shred while your sitting on the sand!
    Anyone with half a brain and a little local knowledge would know that Rodanthe is gonna be MAXED OUT. Not only will the huge size not hold, but when you add in the super long period of this swell, forget about it. Your gonna have to think outside of the box on this one, Rodanthe is the go to place for a head high swell, but once it gets to be above 8-10 feet it shuts down, no questions asked.

P.S. Ill be scoring epic kirra like barrels at a secret point break tommorow, and surfing secluded island beach breaks on sunday, and I'm gonna be in VA the whole time!!!! Use your head, when a swell like this comes alot of rare and epic waves start to break