LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    the winds look awful until sunday anyway
    Last edited by bags of jay; Aug 21, 2009 at 11:40 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bags of jay View Post
    the winds look awful until sunday anyway
    Yeah Saturday looks bad but Sunday and then into Monday look awesome. I might be "sick" on Monday if the forecast holds.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    Yeah Saturday looks bad but Sunday and then into Monday look awesome. I might be "sick" on Monday if the forecast holds.
    already told them i wouldn't be in until 12...

Wink

I checked the North end of VaBch this morning at sunrise. There was actually better surf last evening at waist to chest high. The swell has not started quite yet, but hang in there.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    already told them i wouldn't be in until 12...

I wouldn't have to be in until 1245 if I took half day, but I don't know where I'd shower. We have to dress up here, so I can't roll in smelling like sh!t.

Swell's here. It was here last night...... just choppy with the winds and jumbled up w/ that pesky little S wind swell that I would love to surf anytime it's not mixed w/ long period groundswell. Was definitely waist-chest+ last night, just doubled up funky stuff. I only got a handful of crappy rides. Come on big swell! Chill out winds!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wang View Post
    Swell's here. It was here last night...... just choppy with the winds and jumbled up w/ that pesky little S wind swell that I would love to surf anytime it's not mixed w/ long period groundswell. Was definitely waist-chest+ last night, just doubled up funky stuff. I only got a handful of crappy rides. Come on big swell! Chill out winds!
    Agree...last night was groundswell with some wind chop and some stomach to maybe chest high sets every 15 minutes...at a nice sandbar in MD area.

If you got lucky the walls got clean on the inside. water felt GREAT too

Images
    Last night wasn't Bill.....those waves are just wind slop from T storms.....Long period swell should start this afternoon. You will know when the long period sh1t gets here.
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Aug 21, 2009 at 01:31 PM.

Starting to show in OBX in town...

http://avalonpier.com/javacam.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Joyner View Post
    Starting to show in OBX in town...

http://avalonpier.com/javacam.html
    Let the Circus begin.........

http://www.co.dare.nc.us/webcam/mirlo.php
    Last edited by GCoop; Aug 21, 2009 at 02:12 PM.