LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 61

Thread: Over-rated

  1. #11
    OC Lifeguards let everyone surf today. I thought that was pretty cool. The shoals were all breaking on the outside...looked like 4 or 5 miles southeast of OC. The shoal was breaking abount 1 1/2 miles out from IRI. Does anyone know what that shoal is called? "H" something. Anyway can't remember the last time I saw that happening.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Atlantic City
    Posts
    4
    States Ave. was huge today. About 3/4 of the way out at the pier. Only problem was the closeouts. Things were life-takers. Tomorrow should be fun. I'll be up at States or Rhode Island Ave. The whole new hampshire area was insane-diego.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmanbutters View Post
    The shoal was breaking abount 1 1/2 miles out from IRI. Does anyone know what that shoal is called? "H" something. Anyway can't remember the last time I saw that happening.
    hen and chicken shoals, it happens regularly you can see it if you surfed the naval jetty
    Last edited by jettyhead; Aug 23, 2009 at 01:38 AM.

  4. #14
    I dont know where you were, but 29th st OC md was going off this afternoon. No mush here. And the OC patrol closed the beach to all the kook swimmers and hard slick body boarders.. which was very cool and probably saved some lives.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    595
    Images
    81
    Big waves. Not all ride-able, but very big. Andy Irons, Sam Hammer, Frankie Walsh, and a few other pro surfers were out today. RIPPING it up. Hammer and Walsh were throwing huge 360 airs. AI threw a floater up on a big face and landed basically sideways, first time I've ever seen that in person.

    Should be some fun tomorrow and some more on Monday.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,356
    surfed in deal from like 9am to 4pm. i dont know why. head high + on set but nothing like what i was hearing from friends down south. kinda mushed out, but a few opened up for some longer rides.

    sandbars look terrible in pretty much all of monmouth county. not sure what to expect in the morning.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Monmouth County.
    Posts
    573
    Images
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    surfed in deal from like 9am to 4pm. i dont know why. head high + on set but nothing like what i was hearing from friends down south. kinda mushed out, but a few opened up for some longer rides.

    sandbars look terrible in pretty much all of monmouth county. not sure what to expect in the morning.
    Hopefully it'll be amazing tomorrow morning.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    Big waves. Not all ride-able, but very big. Andy Irons, Sam Hammer, Frankie Walsh, and a few other pro surfers were out today. RIPPING it up. Hammer and Walsh were throwing huge 360 airs. AI threw a floater up on a big face and landed basically sideways, first time I've ever seen that in person.

    Should be some fun tomorrow and some more on Monday.
    Andy Irons was in NJ? That's pretty awesome.

    I was out at Deal also today like an above poster mentioned. It was very mushy, but a few head + peaks and long rides. I was just at the beach about an hour ago here in monmouth country and the swell looks like it has built a pretty decent amount, water washing up to the rocks.

  9. #19
    andy was at squan... squan wasnt as good as i thought today..tried to paddle out at jenks and almost got arrested. escorted from the beach hehe. boat almost just capsized in squan inlet an hour or two ago. nutty **** going on down there!

  10. #20
    A far out sandbar in south OCNJ was making for some peeling decent waves this afternoon.