LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Over-rated

No worries all, just trying to keep the stoke since we finally had something worth talking about to ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Northbeach View Post
    Skeglegs : Sorry dude, yea your right, I musta read over saturday NIGHT, my bad. And Chris Joyner, thanks for the support but he was right and yes, it does make sense that it was smaller on Saturday MORNING as I witnessed, as compared to Saturday EVENING, to which Skeglegs was referring to. Gonna check the pics out now, hope everyone got some good ones
    yeah, I was just looking at them... 5,7, and 8 look pretty huge. I dont think its unreasonable to say DOH.

I was there this afternoon....but about 300 yds down the beach to get away from the crowds...A lot of big dumpers in shallow or no water, but some peeled as good as they were at the point. I'd guess it was probably 4 ft, and the bigger ones were 6-7 ft. It seemed to all but vanish around 3ish. Could see some waves breaking about a mile out too.
    Last edited by brek; Aug 23, 2009 at 11:34 PM.

monmouth county:

morning - chest high to 1ft overhead, really meaty and fast. very light winds and glassy conditions. very fun. high tide shut it down

early to late afternoon- waist to chest occ head+, kinda mushed out. onshore. some fun ones, but the angle seemed to go more E and made for more sectiony waves

3 days of good surfing in august, i'll take it

http://surfmama.smugmug.com/Other/hu...27791645_3eiG4

Here is a pic from squan today, could be pushing DOH

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by endlessummer89 View Post
    http://surfmama.smugmug.com/Other/hu...27791645_3eiG4

Here is a pic from squan today, could be pushing DOH
    wow, that is a sick photo. you should upload that to the Swellinfo gallery!

sure, some fun to be had by all, glad everyone who had the chance to get in enjoyed it.

however,..

"Well my stoke could add some size! But in all honesty, yesterday was as close as you're gonna get to calling a double overhead wave around here."

I think your own statement speaks for itself. It was not DOH anywhere around here. already had seen those pics,..The pics are not even close to DOH.

enjoy your stoke, we do not get many chances to enjoy much anyway. but keep it real

Images
    On Saturday, nearing the end of the day. One man caught a wave pushing TOH at the end of the Inlet jetty, pumped fast and pushed down the line to almost the north inlet jetty. Easily best ride of the swell. Hands down one of the best waves I've ever SEEN ridden at Manasquan Inlet. Seen pictures of bigger, but not ridden.

saw this whilst browsing some hurricane **** on yahoo, check it

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Most-V...0d581b1fa1048f

anyone know why?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Joyner View Post
    Someone said he(KS) was down south in Hatteras yesterday. I wonder if that is who was doing the tow in stuff that Carson was talking about.
    It was really hazy and they were about a mile out but I *think* the one guy was bald.

No idea. There were two skis out there and the one ride I saw with the vertical snap off the top was not done by a mere mortal.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    On Saturday, nearing the end of the day. One man caught a wave pushing TOH at the end of the Inlet jetty, pumped fast and pushed down the line to almost the north inlet jetty. Easily best ride of the swell. Hands down one of the best waves I've ever SEEN ridden at Manasquan Inlet. Seen pictures of bigger, but not ridden.
    saturday afternoon there were some serious waves at the end of the inlet, also the biggest ones i have ever seen. seemed like it was also the only place in the area that could handle the swell, i rode up to avon and down to bay head and everyhwere i checked was smaller and closing out