LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OCMD Inlet?

Images

OCMD Inlet?

Why does it seem like everyone thought the inlet was the go-to spot this weekend? Judging by the pics I've seen, it didn't look all that good. Maybe I'm not seeing the right pics? I snagged several beasts Friday-Sunday before I had to go to work around 17th-24th. Very few riders.

Inlet never is good I don't know why people go there. I think it's just an easy access point for out-of-towners, which seemed to be the majority of wieners in the water.

Images
    if you don't like it then don't worry about those who do.

Quote Originally Posted by ECsponger View Post
    Why does it seem like everyone thought the inlet was the go-to spot this weekend? Judging by the pics I've seen, it didn't look all that good. Maybe I'm not seeing the right pics? I snagged several beasts Friday-Sunday before I had to go to work around 17th-24th. Very few riders.

Inlet never is good I don't know why people go there. I think it's just an easy access point for out-of-towners, which seemed to be the majority of wieners in the water.
    and the minority of the wieners were people like you

ECsponger's Avatar ECsponger ref to OC Inlet

The Inlet was probably the least crowded spot around. Did you see the Indian River Inlet??? There were about 200+ people out there. Down here we had at most 12 in the water at any one time. You want to know why??? Because it was hardcore, and no it wasn't out of towners, it was a total Locals only scene. There were a whole lot of people watching, but only a very few of us actually went out.

Quote Originally Posted by ECsponger View Post

Before you make a stupid comment, you should make sure you got your facts straight Sponger. You go down to the Inlet and call anybody out there a "wiener", and I guarantee you'll be leaving in a friggin ambulance.

Dumps was def the spot South Side Indian River Inlet

Quote Originally Posted by westsidemenace View Post
    The Inlet was probably the least crowded spot around. Did you see the Indian River Inlet??? There were about 200+ people out there. Down here we had at most 12 in the water at any one time. You want to know why??? Because it was hardcore, and no it wasn't out of towners, it was a total Locals only scene. There were a whole lot of people watching, but only a very few of us actually went out.

southside iri for the spongers was like MAYBE 30 guys and it was f*ckin pounding and thumping the ground

Images
    I live here round year asswipes and it always stinks at the inlet... suck deez

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    if you don't like it then don't worry about those who do.
    Mr. Swellinfo, It was a curious question, That spot changes dramatically with the immense sand movement and the fact that it is almost maxed out with sand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's funny...but actually the inlet was the least "hardcore" spot. Once a swell is big enough, the shoals break the waves outside and you are left with reforms at the inlet. That's the reason most people either went to the inlet to surf (it was more manageable), or avoided it to look for more size. If you notice in the pics it was barely head high.

And to answer you EC, there's a very specific scenario when the inlet is the go to spot, and it doesn't make for a good bodyboard wave. It's more of a mushy peak to push you into a walled up inside for a few smacks.
    Last edited by SkegLegs; Aug 26, 2009 at 02:04 PM.