LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartopping

kinda related:

with my soft rack system water always leaks in via the strap through the door, any sage advise how to stop this and if someone says don't strap it then you're a dweeb. Damn, I just said it! Seriously though, it's really annoying so if there's a trick, pls share...

For the record I always put fins first

Northender Guest
    I was reading this in surfing magazine.(the one with jordy doing a rodeo on the cover.) It does not matter which way the board goes on the rack because both ways are the same aero dynamic tested. If you put your board in a board bag however the nose should go front words, so the zipper does not face forward. If the zipper faces forward, air can open up your bag and allow air to inflate the whole thing like a parachute. So the answer is either way doesnt matter. If the fins come loose your board is gone either way. Remeber nose first with a board bag!!

Images

What I've found

. . . is that Super Glue works well, and Gorilla Glue works even better. The only catch is it's a one time use.

Images
    Learn to ride a short board..problem solved. You can fit it in your car. Nothing worse then gearing up at your favorite local spot and seeing a bunch of kook cars roll up with long boards on the roof, backwards or forwards!!

Quote Originally Posted by davincimoon View Post
    kinda related:

with my soft rack system water always leaks in via the strap through the door, any sage advise how to stop this and if someone says don't strap it then you're a dweeb. Damn, I just said it! Seriously though, it's really annoying so if there's a trick, pls share...

I cut like 3"x3" squares of foam rubber, the moisture resistant kind like from a sleeping bag pad, and hold them in place over where the straps pull the door seals in. It fills the gap and mostly keeps out the water. Holding the last one in place when closing the door from inside can be tricky. It's not a 100% fix but it does a pretty good job.

Everyone says get a hard rack to me, too. But it's nice to be able to throw the pads on the wife's or a friend's car if I have to.

Ride a really short board and prevent the peril this could present to other drivers if one itty-bitty thing goes wrong:

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rodndtube View Post
    Ride a really short board and prevent the peril this could present to other drivers if one itty-bitty thing goes wrong:
    do see snow on the ground?? Nice.

Heated drive-way, too!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSTsoul View Post
    Nothing worse then gearing up at your favorite local spot and seeing a bunch of kook cars roll up with long boards on the roof, backwards or forwards!!
    I must really ruin your day then!

I think it's really more of a Karma thing, than aerodynamics