LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

another tropical system?

looks like that invest is pretty healthy.

http://www.weather.com/maps/geograph..._animated.html

imagine 3 weeks ina row of this?

to have a tropical system swell hit every weekend between now and thanksgiving would definitely be proof of a benevolent and loving deity.

i'm with ya on that one

Images
    I'm a little skeptical of this storm right now...

From Weather Underground:

I can't see anything that will prevent 94L from developing into a tropical depression over the next 1 - 2 days. The HWRF model develops 94L into a hurricane 4 days from now, as does the SHIPS intensity model, but other models, such as the GFDL, ECMWF, and GFS, do not develop 94L at all.

At the longer ranges, the fate of 94L is highly uncertain. The Canadian model turns 94L to the north near Bermuda, then out to sea, while the NOGAPS model foresees a threat to the U.S. East Coast early next week. Both of these solutions are believable. The Hurricane Hunters are scheduled to make their first flight into 94L on Tuesday afternoon at 2pm EDT.

------

So looks like there is a chance, albeit minimal, that this storm will develop into something significant. However, it is looking more likely that it will take a north-west track and maybe send some pulse our way..(?)..

Pray for more surf!

Images
    What about that other piece of circulation on the coast of Africa...

why does it gotta be on weekends?? i hate the crowds!

Quote Originally Posted by Darealm View Post
    I'm a little skeptical of this storm right now...

From Weather Underground:

I can't see anything that will prevent 94L from developing into a tropical depression over the next 1 - 2 days. The HWRF model develops 94L into a hurricane 4 days from now, as does the SHIPS intensity model, but other models, such as the GFDL, ECMWF, and GFS, do not develop 94L at all.

At the longer ranges, the fate of 94L is highly uncertain. The Canadian model turns 94L to the north near Bermuda, then out to sea, while the NOGAPS model foresees a threat to the U.S. East Coast early next week. Both of these solutions are believable. The Hurricane Hunters are scheduled to make their first flight into 94L on Tuesday afternoon at 2pm EDT.

------

So looks like there is a chance, albeit minimal, that this storm will develop into something significant. However, it is looking more likely that it will take a north-west track and maybe send some pulse our way..(?)..

Pray for more surf!
    I'm with you on this one, however...

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    I was thinking the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Looks to have more potential than 94L (although she it is showing nice shape right now). Ten to twelve days from now is my uneducated back of the envelope guess.