LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

traction Pad glue?

well my stomp pad peeled away so i took it off. and now i have all the glue stuck on it. whats the best way to get the glue off. ive tried goo-gone but that doesnt work good at all. whats the best way. ive heard the sticky bumps wax remover works good. but whats the quickest way to do it?

Northender Guest
    goo gone works actually the best out of most of the products. I suggest using a razor blade after you soak the remaining glue with goo gone for 20 to 30 minutes. it will work. I have tooken off 5 traction pads this way, if you are putting another pad on, you dont have to worry about taking all the glue off of it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Northender View Post
    goo gone works actually the best out of most of the products. I suggest using a razor blade after you soak the remaining glue with goo gone for 20 to 30 minutes. it will work. I have tooken off 5 traction pads this way, if you are putting another pad on, you dont have to worry about taking all the glue off of it.
    so i should take paper towels and soak the glue with goo gone. then razor blade it off. and im not putting another on

I did a heavy soaking of firewater on a rough rag and then i took a power sander and lightly sanded it

acetone will take it off the fastest.

Northender Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mexsurfer View Post
    so i should take paper towels and soak the glue with goo gone. then razor blade it off. and im not putting another on
    yes thats what you should do. Then repeat if it all doesn't come off the first time.

And to the guy who said put acitone on you board, dont do it it dissolves the glass on you board

I think there's a lot of discussion on that and I'd like to hear form a shaper/ding-repair guy on it. i've used acetone a number of times for glue and wax and havent had any problems.

Images
    Pumpmaster is right.

acetone cleans up UNCURED (wet) resin.

It won't harm a board that has already been glassed and cured.

If you are riding a poly board, chances are good the glasser wiped it down completely with acetone between the lamination and hotcoat steps to remove residue from handling the board.

So go ahead and use it if you must but use it CAREFULLY! gloves are mandatory, and dont let it get in your eyes...it is toxic nasty stuff.

ive used a hair dryer to heat the glue and make it gummy and then scrapped it off.

"So go ahead and use it if you must but use it CAREFULLY! gloves are mandatory, and dont let it get in your eyes...it is toxic nasty stuff."

Acetone? its really not that bad lol just dont inhale it otherwise it should be fine I use it all the time and i dont wear gloves. ( use it to get the excess wax and crap before i start painting)

It will work fine and shouldnt be too bad for your board... you could even dilute it if your worried. just dont heat the acetone and you will be fine.