LOGIN | REGISTER

Step up specifications

I'm sort of thinking about getting a step up. I'm 6'2 and weigh about 210 - 215 and normally ride short boards in the 6'6 to 6'8 range, about 2.5 inches thick and 19.5ish wide. What might be reasonable dimensions for a step up? Maybe 6'10, 19 1/4 and 2 9/16ths?

Quote Originally Posted by StuckinVA View Post
    I'm sort of thinking about getting a step up. I'm 6'2 and weigh about 210 - 215 and normally ride short boards in the 6'6 to 6'8 range, about 2.5 inches thick and 19.5ish wide. What might be reasonable dimensions for a step up? Maybe 6'10, 19 1/4 and 2 9/16ths?
    Dims are really different person to person not just because of weight and high but also the skill level. Also, if you like to swim or float when you paddle. I could say for your hight/weight and the other boards you ride that sounds about right but I don't know any of the other factors. I would talk to a shapper because for a step-up this means you want to ride this thing in some solid waves and you will want to be prepared so make sure you do it right.

I can tell you that if you are going for a true step-up I recommend going with a round tail and a single concave all the way through.

i'm 6'3 200lbs

My step up is:
    6'8x19.25x2 3/8

about 5.5 nose rocker
    2.5-3 in the tail.
    quad setup
    single concave into v tail.

works well in head high so far. made it for the bigger winter swells. takes late drops with ease, fast down the line. paddles pretty low but with volume in the middle it still paddles quickly. easy to duck dive. easiest of all the boards i own.

Step-Up

Bro's,

A gym membership only costs $50 a month (my mom pays for my membership though, this doesn't necessarily effect me). go to the gym and lose some weight.

$600 Step up board > $50 Gym Membership

Step up? step up to the plate and size down for bigger surf is what I say when Im not watching my Cowboys. You clowns may have seen me at Manasquan during huricane Bill. Usually I ride a 6'2" but I manned the hell up and straight up grabbed my boogie for that makcing swell, I tell you not.

get a CI black beauty, best board i've ever ridden, i used it during these past 2 hurricane swells, it was sick. I'm a small guy so mines a 6'3", i usually ride a 5'10".