LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This Weekend??

This Weekend??

Hey Everyone,

Longtime lurker and First time poster. What do you guys think that Friday is gonna be like... I'm getting mixed findings and its kinda a hike for me to get to the beach. Just wondering if you all think itll be decent or just choppy and too messy to be worth paddling out? Thanks for any replies!! (I usually surf ac or belmar)

Austin

If only there was some website on the internet that forecasted surf conditions for those locations.

friday looks like a great day down here, i just hope the weather plays nice, right now its a big washing machine down here
    Last edited by vasponger; Sep 10, 2009 at 02:47 PM.

I usually go to belmar and for the most part as long as it isn't a real northernly wind, things usually hold up well. I'm still debating if I'm taking tomorrow off of work. Hoping there will be a late day update that gives some more favorable winds to the area.

p.s. monmouth county forcast is the same as belmar really.

It's gonna suck....stay at home....please

He Rides What,

Yeah Im debating whether to take off as well and will probably wait until it this afternoon to decide. Hopefully it cleans up a little!

Thanks

worst comes to worst, if you don't like what you see, the Belmar Pro might still go off, so at least it wont be a total wasted trip. I'm watching the cam and it doesn't looks that bad. Winds will drop a little tomorrow but still in the upper teens. I think I'm going to check it out. Plus I work in NYC, it's going ot be nuts with the 9/11 memorials going on.
    Last edited by he rides what?; Sep 10, 2009 at 05:10 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by austinj215 View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Longtime lurker and First time poster. What do you guys think that Friday is gonna be like... I'm getting mixed findings and its kinda a hike for me to get to the beach. Just wondering if you all think itll be decent or just choppy and too messy to be worth paddling out? Thanks for any replies!! (I usually surf ac or belmar)

Austin
    Austin, remember this forum is for the entire Mid Atlantic, so it will depend on where you are surfing. The center of the low pressure looks to sit right over Delmarva tomorrow, which always makes the forecasted winds challenging. I would say everywhere south of NJ is going to try to clean up during the day on Friday... Check back in for the evening forecast update, when the latest model guidance is available.

Jersey Shore, Long Branch, around 10AM this AM - last photo is tip of Sandy Hook looking at Manhattan (left) and Brooklyn/LI (center/right).

I'd say the waves were around a solid 8 feet. Nothing at all to ride though NO doubt there. Don't bother, don't try, stay alive!

looks like a disaster