LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well.....

fishermans island went the **** off on tuesday!!!!

Images
    sick! you did get my private message about fishermans right?

where are the photos?

no... i didnt get your message, it wouldnt let me open it cause of my pop up blocker. but anyways i didnt get any pics cause my buddy has my camera (i need that back jake). but heres the deal for anyone wanting to surf it without a boat. there is a parking lot right over the bridge after fishermans. from there you have to take a 20 min paddle across this inlet to get on the island and then sprint to the bridge tunnel on the beach. its so worth it though!!! it breaks the best between the two bridges... freight trains and the bridge just lines it up soooo nice and takes out all the chop, its freiking sick!!!

Images
    sweet! to view your private messages, just got to the very top of the page where is says:
    Welcome BonerSurfs, and click on Private Messages.

That was an ideal swell for that place. Was there a crowd?

there were 5 other people out, but the waves are so long it takes a few min to paddle back out to the peak after you catch a wave so the crowd is not even a problem. if a swell like that ever happens again GO TO FISHERMANS ISLAND!!!! its ridiculous there, im still amped from it (if you can tell). and like i said **** the boat, you just gotta paddle across fishermans inlet which is scary and takes a little while BUT WORTH IT!!! the place is just nutty you gotta see it to believe it

Images
    Wow. I've always wanted to surf there and now i know its done and how to do it. I was looking at it with google earth and it looks like the paddle across the inlet could get a lot harder than it looks if there was a bad current. Were they bad at all? I can't wait for a similar set up scenerio to happen.

ya the current was pretty bad, so you just have to battle it, it really takes a lot out of you. its 0.39 miles and then there is another very little inlet after than one and the run is about a mile and half. so the time from the parking lot to the surf is 1 hour to 1 and a half. you really need to sprint too, cause we could see rangers and on this trail inland. i think they knew it was a lost cause to chase us though. so ya its doable, but its pretty much one of the biggest adventures you can go on, and the paddle is scary as anything