LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BonerSurfs View Post

P.S. Find yourself a copy of Live Phish 7. It was a show from Tinley Park in Chicago, around 95-96. Best phish show ever, just find it for yourself and you will agree.

http://soundcloud.com/mc-squared
    Wow, I missed my ride to that show...and two friends of mine in the truck were killed in a head-on collision with a bus coming home early the next morning.

God damn, thats some straight final destination ish right there. Im sorry to hear that... But hey, damn aren't you glad you missed that ride.

Well from a long time phish fan, that show was probably their best show ever. The set list is amazing. If anyone is farmilliar with them, that was the show where they broke "Run like an Antelope" into 3 or 4 songs over their whole second set. They played tons of rare favorites too, Cavern, Its Ice, Tela, Colonal Forbin. Great Show!!!

Its really easy to find to, the released it under their 'Live Phish' series, those are the ones with different colors for every cover. I'm pretty positive it is Live Phish 7, the cover is pink.

For the dude above, if you haven't already. I highly recommend you find a copy of it for yourself.

phish has probably been the most consistent band that i've liked over the last 15 years. I've gone through several "phases," but always come back at some point to phish. At the same time, I've never been one to follow them and the most shows I ever saw on one tour was maybe 2.

I only got to see them at merriweather post on this last tour, which was a bit of an underwhelming show -- maybe it has to do with me being older. I'll check out that Live 7 show..

I agree with the original poster that they are a great band to listen to prior to surfing...or anything really. I'm not really big on trashing other artists, but that seems to be the MO on the boards recently.
    Last edited by brek; Sep 15, 2009 at 11:18 PM.

Sublime sucks.

Phish sucks.

Whats the deal with having copies of every Fn concert they ever did. Much like the dead ****.

There is nothing wrong with having a live album or two of a band but do you really need every show? Like how is there a difference between phishs show on 9/21/04 or there show two days later.

They both sucked.

And as for listening to either one of those bands before going out in the water, I would not even make it to the water. I'd use my leash and ****ing hang myself before having to listen to a whole song.

Quote Originally Posted by nwash View Post
    And as for listening to either one of those bands before going out in the water, I would not even make it to the water. I'd use my leash and ****ing hang myself before having to listen to a whole song.
    I second that emotion.

Images
    trey interview, not sure from what year...

http://www.phisharchive.com/articles/2002/jam2.html

"What is the significant link between 'Tube,' 'First Tube' and 'Last Tube,' other than the word tube?"- Melissa Epperson, Joe Hamilton, Steve T., Chris Myerson

Surfing. Except that "Tube" is about watching TV, I think but for me the link between "First Tube" and "Last Tube" is surfing. They were named after the band the 8 Foot Fluorescent Tubes but aside from all of the other obvious meanings I always imagine surfing. I tried surfing before and I was horrible at it but I did it enough to be able to stand up for a second and I definitely think that other than playing music it's the coolest thing you can do on planet earth. That was my experience.

Sound is waves and here a physical wave of energy that starts two thousand miles off in the middle of the ocean and you get to stand on a board and ride it in to shore. It's unbelievable and addictive. With "First Tube" I always think if you were a good enough surfer to ride the Banzai pipeline that's what it would feel like. That would be the first one of the day and "Last Tube" would be as the sun is setting over the horizon- you're catching your last tube. Either that or you catch such a huge tube like a twenty-five footer, crash and come tumbling down to your death, last tube. Of course it also could just be about smoking bong hits all day (laughs). Although "Last Tube" would be a slower song if that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by nwash View Post
    Sublime sucks.

Phish sucks.

Whats the deal with having copies of every Fn concert they ever did. Much like the dead ****.

There is nothing wrong with having a live album or two of a band but do you really need every show? Like how is there a difference between phishs show on 9/21/04 or there show two days later.

They both sucked.

Whoa... Dude, I'm 21 and I'm a professional Dj. So I'm about as far from a 'Phish Head' as you can get. Sure from the time I was 15 till I was 18, I loved phish, and I downloaded a bunch of their shows. I have since moved on, and deleted all but 4 or 5 of their shows from my hard drive. No need to jump to conclusions so fast bud.

Quote Originally Posted by BonerSurfs View Post
    Whoa... Dude, I'm 21 and I'm a professional Dj. So I'm about as far from a 'Phish Head' as you can get. Sure from the time I was 15 till I was 18, I loved phish, and I downloaded a bunch of their shows. I have since moved on, and deleted all but 4 or 5 of their shows from my hard drive. No need to jump to conclusions so fast bud.
    What conclusions did I jump too?

Those are my opinions.

Congrats on being a professional dj, I know thats a tough position to get.

Now this guy is a dj.

Yeah like we really wanna hear you read your lame poetry and listen to phish records. Haha. phish sucks ****. Go hug a tree hippie wannabe