LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    "Oh man, I can't wait to see the look on those little Eichmanns' faces when they hear this crunchy groove"

Whats wrong with Sublime? their acoustic stuff is decent... I mean they are'nt as good as say Zep or Blue Oyster Cult, the Greatful Dead, or even Jefferson Airplane but they still are good for easy listening. Call me crazy but i think its a little extreme to call Phish the greatest surf-rock band ever

before I paddle out I really like to listen to really early Green Day, (like nimrod)

Not lookin for a **** storm just stating a little fact

Beach Blonde

Music is sweet! Whatever music you like to listen to b4 going surfing, listen to it...who gives a **** what other people like...they're not you! Personally, I like to listen to music that amps me up b4 I hit the water, like Mars Volta or Rage, but that's me...I'm not saying that's what YOU should listen to, because, honestly, I don't give a F**K!

If it's big, I need something to hype me up like Authority Zero, or something heavier like or Darkest Hour, Coalesce, Unearth or Converge, etc. But if it's a mellow day and I'm taking the longboard out, then something mellow like Sublime or Rebelution is fitting. I've played guitar for 19 years and I like a lot of music, but that jam band stuff just puts me to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    Music is sweet! Whatever music you like to listen to b4 going surfing, listen to it...who gives a **** what other people like...they're not you! Personally, I like to listen to music that amps me up b4 I hit the water, like Mars Volta or Rage, but that's me...I'm not saying that's what YOU should listen to, because, honestly, I don't give a F**K!
    I agree its completely subjective, sorry if you thought i was preaching

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Blonde 25-6-4 View Post
    Whats wrong with Sublime? their acoustic stuff is decent... I mean they are'nt as good as say Zep or Blue Oyster Cult, the Greatful Dead, or even Jefferson Airplane but they still are good for easy listening. Call me crazy but i think its a little extreme to call Phish the greatest surf-rock band ever

before I paddle out I really like to listen to really early Green Day, (like nimrod)

Not lookin for a **** storm just stating a little fact

Beach Blonde
    How is that really early Green Day?

Kerplunk and 1039 smoothed out slappy ep is really early green day. Nimrod is completely mtv crap.

Oh and sublime have no talent and they just steal everything. They are like a lounge band playing covers minus the talent.

You guys are cracking me up...this may be one of the funniest threads I've seen on this website. I agree with the guy who said he would hang himself with his leash before he could finish listening to a Phish song. Isn't Phish for teenagers too young to get into a Dead show? There is no way Rolling Stone voted them 3rd best rock and roll band. There are just another crap jam band.

:rolleyes:

listen to kyuss. ive been listening to Earth too.good stuff before heading out. on the other hand, i dont mind phish, at all!!..maybe some of you dont stink enough to get it....

Images
    phish doesn't really do it for me but i see why people can enjoy it i like soundtribe if it's instrumental groove/jam, sometimes i rock out to britney spears before a surf whats the difference

Images
    here's a link to rolling stone's greatest albums of all time - I haven't read through all of them but I do see the beach boys @ #2 and don't see phish in the top 100

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...ms_of_all_time

this is a link to their 100 greatest artists - not in there either that I see but the beach boys are #12
    http://www.rollingstone.com/news/cov.../the_immortals