LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: surftech

surftech

What do u guys think of them. im lookin to get one but want some feedback first.

2. Why are you interested in one instead of all the other designs out there? I'm just curious....

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    get a local shaper.

Quote Originally Posted by mofosurfer.com View Post
    Why are you interested in one instead of all the other designs out there? I'm just curious....
    it seems to me that fiberglass boards get messed fairly quickly with pressure dings,spider cracks, etc. and an epoxy board will last me longer. I've rode poly boards since i started surfing and am tired of buying another board every year or so cause they get screwed up. so i thought i should go with a epoxy this time around,hopefully it will last me longer, but im not sure how i will like the ride of an epoxy vs a poly. Plus i dont have alot of $ to drop on a new custom board by a local shaper.

get a liquidshredder

you can get a hand shaped board that is epoxy. XTR by epoxy pro is great i have had 3 board made out of this material i know merrick shapes these occasionally. Not to mention Stretch boards are epoxy. Rusty shapes epoxy boards. Wooster shapes epoxy boards.

All because you want a board more durable than PU doesnt mean you have to get a surftech pop out.

i just bought a 9'0 robert august surftech rides like a charm thats all im going to start getting is surftechs there so light and so much fun to ride

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NitsuJ478 View Post
    What do u guys think of them. im lookin to get one but want some feedback first.
    I dont have any real experience withsurftechs, but about 3/4 of the people i know who started riding them gave up after one or two and are back riding hand shaped poly or epoxy boards and said the surftechs never really turned they way they wanted them to...i.e rail buried, projection out of the turn. They also said surface chop made them a pain in the ass since the front end is so buoyant it hops over texture instead of slicing through it.

surftech

A couple years ago I bought a 9'6" Takayama Model T. On the plus side it was light, strong and paddled really well. On the down side it was stiff, got hung up in the mushy sections (lacked drive) and lacked the stability of even my 9'0" Rusty (poly) performance longboard. I didn't like it very much so I traded it for a WRV Jesse Fernandez 9'2" performance noserider which I absolutely love. I also surfed two 9'0" Walden Magics (one poly, one E-3 Epoxy) in Costa Rica and liked both - the E3 Epoxy felt more like a poly board than the surftech - but ultimately I prefer poly.

a good glass job from an awesome shaper (brian wynn gets my vote) will hold up much better than a mass produced board.

the surftechs usually dont ride that well, ive had a few and only liked one