LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hydrofoil Surfing

Not sure if there was already a thread about this but I once saw a hydrofoil board and thought it was an amazing innovation, some may say it takes away from surfing (which also some say about SUP's), but I think it's creativity is awesome. It doesn't seem that we have the right conditions here for it though. The hydrofoil surfboard which came from the air chair could allow you to perform bigger airs and you don't even need the lip. Just thought I would expose or re-expose it to the public.

Images
    if you really want to expose it, how about a link?

stick with normal surfing.

http://www.videovat.com/videos/2103/...surfboard.aspx
    When I was out wakeboarding a few weeks ago behind my house there was one guy towing his bud behind the boat on of them. It looked kinda goofy but def a lotta fun.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    stick with normal surfing.
    Thats probably what guys riding 9 foot single fins said to shortboarders in 1969.

sorry...had to say it geezer

true...i just don't see the need for all this variation around here. the hydrofoil was really to all guys to catch the massive open ocean swells which we don't get. there so much to do just with standard short or long boards I don't see to allure. I'd rather master what I ride.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    Thats probably what guys riding 9 foot single fins said to shortboarders in 1969.

sorry...had to say it geezer
    Ha!

Nah...the 9 foot single fins were distracted by the balsa/redwood riders that were telling them to stay with wood.

is that link from the Billabong Odyssey. The had them on there

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    I don't see to allure. I'd rather master what I ride.
    I like to master everything. I disagree that it could in any way, take away from your "regular surfing".