LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Al Merrick Double Helix

A couple weeks ago i bought a 6' Double Helix Flyer, Great board loved from day one. Then on day 2 the nose started bubbling a bit and the rails all over were starting to crack all over. I brought back to my local surf shop and showed it to them. They talked to them and said they never had a case like this right away. They said they could send it back to Channel Islands in CA. So i did. Do you guys think they'll just give me a new one basically with other stuff cause i'm loosing the board and a brand new DAKINE stomp pad from a board that was suppose to be made out of good material.

dang man, ive never heard of that happening to a board after a day of surfing. IT couldve been a knockoff board that slipped into the shop.

Images
    yeah thats weird as ****. if youre not happy with what they send you just call up CI and yell at them cause thats a load of bs. A company like CI definately doesnt want to be criticized thats for sure.

This year I have heard so many horror stories about poorly glassed CIs.

Images
    yeah man my fishcuit cracked along the stringer the first day. it was a 2 inch crack. and the "surf shop" (farias) i bought it from wouldnt do sh!t for me..they said that i must have been duck diving to hard, which doesnt make to much sense cuz the waves were maybe waist high at the max and i didnt do to muck duck diving. im glad to hear that your getting something done with your board

yeah the sucky part was when i notice that it was getting worse i was putting a new pair of fins i just bought for it

first of all, totally cut ties with that shop. a good shop should have your back in a dispute. second for your next board, USE A LOCAL SHAPER. The big mass-producing board companies have an interest in quantity not quality and if you have an issue with a board from your local guy, you drive to his shop and talk about it with him.

well thats the good thing right away the guy at the shop was like ok ill call up Channel Islands and get this straitened out. Then the next day I brought it to them and they said there they'll ship it back this week

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    first of all, totally cut ties with that shop. a good shop should have your back in a dispute. second for your next board, USE A LOCAL SHAPER. The big mass-producing board companies have an interest in quantity not quality and if you have an issue with a board from your local guy, you drive to his shop and talk about it with him.
    I have yet to see a local shaper that can shape a shortboard that will perform to any ability. Al Merrick makes boards for some of the best surfers in the world, i doubt that the "Local Shapers" have anyone other than kooks shreddin there boards. If i went to a local shaper do you honestly think they can shape me a 6'0" x 17.5" x 2" without breaking the board in half while shaping it or makin the tail 3in thick come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Conspiracyrider View Post
    well thats the good thing right away the guy at the shop was like ok ill call up Channel Islands and get this straitened out. Then the next day I brought it to them and they said there they'll ship it back this week
    Yeah that's what a good shop should do. Next time I'd try a local guy though. There's nothing quite like having a board tuned to your exact dimensions.