LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Kechele spider cracks

I just bought a brand new Matt Kechele as my first non long board, it's a 7'6 fun shape. After having it for about a month n a half now, on the bottom closer toward the nose, there are a ton of faint spider cracks.. I was using a roof rack at first (maybe 7 times), and i used it with 2 boards on there twice. Could this have caused it. Does this sound normal.

Images
    If I were you I wouldn't be concerned. Most likely in the gloss coat caused by one bang on the bottom etc. Surfboards are nothing more than tools to be used and worn out, and most, if well used don't last much more than a year or two. Worry more about major rail damage and any foam discoloration. A new board is like a new car you notice the first few scratches than it all becomes invisable. I am always amazed at guys who have boards that look brand new 4 years later. Mine last a year at most before looking like a train wreck, although I am very heavy footed.
    Last edited by Zippy; Sep 21, 2009 at 07:18 PM.

Its all good

I agree with Zippy

I have spider cracks running down my rocker on my 6'4 quad, aka my baby, (i think its from falling on my deck) and my board seems to ride fine. Its more of a sad thing than a serious thing... when I got my first big scratch on my nsp training board a few summers ago I was devastated, like there were tears involved, and when i got the scratch in my shiny new epox board I died a little inside. Its prob fine, its just going to skeeve the c*** out of you for a couple of weeks.

Beach Blonde

Images

hey heavyfooter...

Flexlite technologies are pretty sick boards... if you take care of them none of ththe spider cracks and deck dents happen...but if you get any damage like rail damage, or a guage its a ***** to fix, but they ride amazing in east coast conditions.... might be off topic but they are sick boards..Placebo.
    Last edited by backside-killa; Sep 21, 2009 at 08:47 PM.

yeah, I got an s-load os spider cracks on my fish up near the nose too...I wouldn't worry about it too much, as long as water isn't penetrating your all good!

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    yeah, I got an s-load os spider cracks on my fish up near the nose too...I wouldn't worry about it too much, as long as water isn't penetrating your all good!

Hey how do you test for that? (before you get it waterloged?)

Quote Originally Posted by backside-killa View Post
    Flexlite technologies are pretty sick boards... .
    If you like your surfboards made in China by non-surfers...

Images

ya....

i mean ya... they are made in Vietnam by a shaping machine. but most boards are coming out of machines these days from top brands vietnam or not..... but the shapes are overseen and **** by legit shapers.... i heared tommy moore and shapers like that have been overseeing parts of the production any ways..... i dont care if my placebo comes out of a maching my Placebo-Gorkin, has better dimensions then any of your boards....

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Blonde 25-6-4 View Post
    I agree with Zippy

I have spider cracks running down my rocker on my 6'4 quad, aka my baby, (i think its from falling on my deck) and my board seems to ride fine. Its more of a sad thing than a serious thing... when I got my first big scratch on my nsp training board a few summers ago I was devastated, like there were tears involved, and when i got the scratch in my shiny new epox board I died a little inside. Its prob fine, its just going to skeeve the c*** out of you for a couple of weeks.

Beach Blonde

Yeah, It definitely was buggin me the first like 5 days.. but I am becoming cool with it now. I mean it rides great and I love the board. I am actually picking up a used 6'4 quad fish next week which I'll be doing some repairs to. I am not sure if I'm ready for a 6'4 yet.. but it's a great deal from a buddy so couldn't pass it up. I'm still a beginner.. I'm 5'10 and like 186, not sure how I'll be on a 6'4 but I'm stoked

[/QUOTE] I am actually picking up a used 6'4 quad fish next week which I'll be doing some repairs to. I am not sure if I'm ready for a 6'4 yet.. but it's a great deal from a buddy so couldn't pass it up. I'm still a beginner.. I'm 5'10 and like 186, not sure how I'll be on a 6'4 but I'm stoked[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, l went down to a 6'4 last spring, after having a 7'6 for a season, but i have to sayI love my 6'4 quad fish! its the best board I have ever had and I wouldnt trade it for anything.

Good Luck

BeachBlonde