LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Excel

Quote Originally Posted by endlessummer89 View Post
    What kind of gloves and boots is everybody going to be using this winter. I am done with my oneil boots and gloves, what should I move on to.

Excel drylok 7mm boots, 5mm lobster claws is what I have and my hands were sweating at one point in 40deg water.

not sure on gloves yet but my setup for this winter will be a 4/3 mutant with hood and 654 mutant boots.

Images
    I would definitely recommend rip curl 5mm lobster claws, I had the 5mm gloves first and hated them. Too much rubber around your fingertips and too many seams. They will keep you fingers toasty all winter long.

Gloves arn't as important because the bastards either bust seams or wear holes on the fingertips by the end of the season anyways.

5. Hey guys, I'm just curious about something. I hear a lot about OíNeill, Rip Curl, and occasionally Billabong, but I rarely ever hear anything about Patagonia or Matuse, or even 9 plus from you guys on the east coast. I know Patagonia makes some good cold water suits, I'm just curious why I never really read their names being mentioned here like they are on the West Coast forums. Is it that they arenít good in cold water, not marketed that well, or nobody wants to give them a shot?

patagonia doesnt have tons of suppliers on the east coast. they make the best wetsuits in the world. they are top of the line. but expensive as hell

i would love to give a patagonia suit a try but i dont wanna spend 500+ on a winter suit. Though i know inlet outlet in manasquan carriers there suits.

I've had good experience with HOTLINE suits and boots. Not that easy to find though.

Images
    if you know your size, Wetsuitwarehouse.com has some good suits, and supposedly great customer service.

I just got a Hyperflex 4/3 flow and 5/3 booties, i haven't been able to use then yet, but I can't wait till wetsuit weather.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SkegLegs View Post
    Gloves arn't as important because the bastards either bust seams or wear holes on the fingertips by the end of the season anyways.
    Xcel Drylock Mittens. Less seams...less chance of holes. In 40deg water and less than 30deg air i can last probably 5hrs