LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LVl<E View Post
    hey guys idk bout you but just around 6 oclock in deal these waves picked up like i had never expected. report was for chest high waves and the waves out there were double that size easily three foot over head so clean and barreling so heavy. pain to paddle out but it was duable. i mean i suffered quite a bump on the head earlier that day so i just wanna make sure im not going crazy. let me know what you saw
    3 ft over your head when you're getting tossed around...

I went out sunday afternoon expecting chest high waves on the bigger sets, it was easily overhead, powerful wave. (3ft overhead, a stretch) I will take swells from low pressures moving off the coast over a crowded closed out hurricane swell any day.

i went out 3 times in ocmd once at inlet beore wind switched it was disorganized and about shoulder as soon as wind switched went up to 34th street i didnt even realize how big it was untill i was trying to catch my first set.. kinda slow but you coulkd see the sets from a mile away and tehy were bombs for sure overhead and very powerfull and then evening at 14th faster hollower wave i would say head sets

Ok, I purposely made a profile here to back up Lvie.

I don't know where most of you guys paddled out at, but I was out at the south end of oc nj, and it was pumping from 3:30 till about 4:30. Maybe not quite consistent size, but there was a handful of sets that were in the 8 foot range. Superfast lines, and a couple barrels if you were lucky, nothing to stand up in, but there was some out there.

Besides that hour it really started to taper off after the peak of high tide.

Hope everyone got some of that

Quote Originally Posted by sccrmic09 View Post
    I will take swells from low pressures moving off the coast over a crowded closed out hurricane swell any day.
    I second that...

i wonder if the after work session will be worth it today...

3 foot overhead my @ss. here we go with the blatant fabrications

Images
    Monmouth County from 530 to 7pm....YES!

i'm 5'6". absolutely there were sets where the face was 8-9 foot. easily! not all of them but the rouge one here and there, no doubt. those disagreeing with 3 foot over head either didn't go out or are 7 feet tall.

jimmy is it just me or are you always a ****.. you must just be pissed because you couldn't make the paddle out yesterday =p

no doubt monmouth county was fun, and there was the occasional overhead wave but i think alot of you guys claiming it was 3 foot OH are the same people that said bill was double-to-triple OH.

measuring waves on the "east coast scale" is fun if you like to talk about how big and gnarly the waves were, but once you travel to places that handle more substantial swell, youll notice that "6 foot" in NJ has a completely different meaning than "6 foot" in the pacific ocean