LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sunday sep 27. how big was it?

...the new jersey guys might be right - yesterday, at least in the mid-atlantic, i think that the farther north you went, the bigger it was. i checked it out in the afternoon, and i ended up going out in del.- i think that del. was a little bigger than oc. (don't know about assateague, but there's a good chance that the tides might not have been working for the island)

pics anyone??

im happy i dont bb.

hahaha ditto! and that's why everybody is calling 3ft. overhead......got it.

Jerz had way more size than this during the incoming tide, so don't be mislead.

Images
    I was at a spot with a select few people getting football field long barreling waves. Sets were well overhead.

Images
    Looks like OC sucked

Boss all mine are mid day, that might be y.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAdp7vmpag8
    bunch of pics

Images
    Were the waves 3 foot over head peeling for 100 yards, no. But was the face on some of the set waves 3 feet taller than me at 6 foot tall, yes. I have been out on days catching what amounts to a chest high wave and had the intial face and drop, just as it folded over measure 9 feet. If you were at the top of the wave and dropped a plumb bob down I think you would be surprised how high a small wave is just as it breaks. Does that mean I would call yesterday 9 foot, I don't think so, but there were some bigger waves jacking up on a shallow sand bar where the bottom dropped out. I should know I air dropped and ate it on at least 5 waves and it wasn't fun.