LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CR fam trip

CR fam trip

Looking to do winter Playa Hermosa trip.
    Any recommendations of where to stay?
    I will be going with the Mrs. and a 2 year old.
    Thanks for the info.

Wow. I was literally about to post the same exact thread question. Ive got a time share for Costa Rica this December and am wondering whether I should go to DOMINICAL or HERMOSA??? Any suggestions.

i'm going with my girlfriend in late dec/early jan. not sure where to stay either. looking for something where i can surf plus mix in some other vacation stuff, like rainforest n ****.

I'd vote the backyard bar hotel:

http://www.backyardhotel.com/

or the Terraza:

http://www.terrazadelpacifico.com/

both are very nice and have lost of tourist type things for you to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by bmore surf View Post
    Looking to do winter Playa Hermosa trip.
    Any recommendations of where to stay?
    I will be going with the Mrs. and a 2 year old.
    Thanks for the info.
    If you've got some dough to throw around family friendly safe and ridiculously nice place to stay is Marriott Los Suenos its like five minutes from Jaco and ten maybe fifteen minutes from Hermosa and has a decently priced taxi service to get you there if you dont rent a car check it out it
    ________
    H2
    Last edited by JDallam; Jan 19, 2011 at 06:55 AM.

I stayed at the Backyard hotel a few years back it is perfect. Literally 3 steps to the surf and very inexpensive you can get a sweet for cheap which would be good for 3 people. Be prepared the town of Hermosa is a tad sketchy plenty of prosititues so may want to warn the wife so she isn't alarmed. Easy to avoid just something to be aware of...surf is great and there is plenty else to do for the rest of the family.

hermosa????? are sure you arent talking about Jaco?

HAHAHA. Hermosa is a tiny little quiet strip of beach didn't see any hookers. You have to be thinking about Jaco the only thing anyone ever said to us in Jaco was "You need cocaine?"
    ________
    vapir air one
    Last edited by JDallam; Jan 19, 2011 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by B1ll View Post
    Wow. I was literally about to post the same exact thread question. Ive got a time share for Costa Rica this December and am wondering whether I should go to DOMINICAL or HERMOSA??? Any suggestions.
    I used to love Dominical. I had not been there is probably 6 years and went back this past August. Granted we were only there for a few hours and it was the rainy season, but the beach and water was horrible. I have never seen so much debree (wood and other crap, not trash) on a beach in my life. They used to maintain the beach, not sure if they have stopped due to the economy or what. I am not sure I will ever return.
    Depends on what you are looking for, and how long you are going. You can have fun in Hermosa, and you will not have a problem seeing prostitutes walking around during the day, but you may have some drug offers in Jaco, but Hermosa is mellow. I personally would recommend some place comlettely different, and splitting your time between at least two places. PM me if you want and I can give you some ideas, I know the country pretty well and there is tons to see/do.

worddd... it'll be nice to go from the 5mm to the boardshorts... looking forward to it