LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CR fam trip

I agree with most of the rest, don't even go to Hermosa if you are with the fam. Go to either Manuel Antonio or anywhere on the Nicoya from Mal Pais up to south of Tamarindo. Also don't be scared to leave the beach for a few nights and check out the cloud forests or volcanoes. I used to not want to be anywhere but the beach and just surf nonstop but now when I go it is nice to go somewhere else in the mountains.

Don't even go to Hermosa?? There's hardly surf in Manuel Antonio. If you want consistent uncrowded barrels, go to Hermosa. Its a great place, far enough away from Jaco. Plenty of great places to eat all up and down the road. Go to Hermosa if you're serious about surfing. The kids and wife can play in the pool. Take them hiking or to the butterfy reserve one day. Plenty of exploring all of you can enjoy.

Oh, and i forgot to mention. If you get a nice steep south swell, it will fill into Escondida and you can have your family watch you get barreled out of your mind from the boat. World class left reef break, with beautiful jungle background. Launch from Herradura, don't pay more than $15 bucks.
    Last edited by kirra; Oct 2, 2009 at 03:01 PM.

Jaco = New Jersey ... the D double O, D double O

Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    worddd... it'll be nice to go from the 5mm to the boardshorts... looking forward to it
    if you are going in december you should go up north...like tamarindo,avellanas, playa negra...waves are really good that time of year ..with mostly strong offshores...ive been goin to costa for 15 years and have caught some of the best waves of my life up north in december..jaco and hermosa have slowly turned into a drug infested prostitute ridden party town!!...fun to hit with the boys but not the wifey and a 2 year old

Quote Originally Posted by kirra View Post
    Don't even go to Hermosa?? There's hardly surf in Manuel Antonio. If you want consistent uncrowded barrels, go to Hermosa. Its a great place, far enough away from Jaco. Plenty of great places to eat all up and down the road. Go to Hermosa if you're serious about surfing. The kids and wife can play in the pool. Take them hiking or to the butterfy reserve one day. Plenty of exploring all of you can enjoy.

Oh, and i forgot to mention. If you get a nice steep south swell, it will fill into Escondida and you can have your family watch you get barreled out of your mind from the boat. World class left reef break, with beautiful jungle background. Launch from Herradura, don't pay more than $15 bucks.
    Believe me I know Hermosa well, and have scored awesome waves there. There is more to do in those other places I mentioned when with a family, including nicr panaromas etc. If you know where to go you will find awesome waves in Manuel Antonio and the other places I mentioned too.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothoperator View Post
    if you are going in december you should go up north...like tamarindo,avellanas, playa negra...waves are really good that time of year ..with mostly strong offshores...ive been goin to costa for 15 years and have caught some of the best waves of my life up north in december..jaco and hermosa have slowly turned into a drug infested prostitute ridden party town!!...fun to hit with the boys but not the wifey and a 2 year old
    agreed, go somewhere else with the fam.

7. Hermosa Alternatives

Check out Marea Brava for a really big condo at a good price. Eat at the Jungle Surf Cafe.
    I stay at Loma del Mar Surf Club on Calle Hermosa but I would not recommend it for a 2 year old. Steep hills and deep pool. lomasurfclub.com has 2 BR villa for $75 to !00 a night. 5 minutes to the break. With them you surf with the rovercam.com dawn patrol. Have a great trip. Say Hi to Freddy!