LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

Im planning a trip to Puerto Rico in the beginning of January and was wondering if anyone could give me any advice about the area. Saw the CR topic and saw that u guys gave some pretty decent tips from your experiences.

1. What beaches are decent?
    2. Im staying at a hostel in Rincon... Has anyone been? (Rincon Inn)
    3. Is Puerto Rico pretty safe (i know its not like a third world country or anything ... but still)?
    4. Anything else that would be helpful?
    5. What thickness wetsuit would be suitablle?

Thanks everyone in advance for any advice or anything!!

Peace

ps.... Ive been doing some research and PR has some pretty amazing surf spots (see Tres Palmas). How come they dont get as much hype as say Costa Rica or Panama? (just wondering!??)
    Last edited by austinj215; Oct 1, 2009 at 09:36 PM.

Domes, Marias all great spots with great waves when there is swell. The area is pretty safe it is a laid back surf area I saw nothing nor heard anything that would make me think it was unsafe. No wetsuit needed it is bathtub warm and crystal clear plus the people are cool. Only complaint I had was there were too many damn boogie borders at times.

Tres Palmas only breaks on huge swells and it is XXL type stuff i doubt you would be hitting that.

Images
    www.wannasurf.com Check it.

Images
    bring your 5/4/3 lol

Quote Originally Posted by krummy View Post
    Domes, Marias all great spots with great waves when there is swell. The area is pretty safe it is a laid back surf area I saw nothing nor heard anything that would make me think it was unsafe. No wetsuit needed it is bathtub warm and crystal clear plus the people are cool. Only complaint I had was there were too many damn boogie borders at times.

Tres Palmas only breaks on huge swells and it is XXL type stuff i doubt you would be hitting that.
    Thansk a lot for the advice!! Haha... I couldn't touch Tres Palmas I was just wondering why it doesn't get more attention based on some of the epic videos I saw of it.... When you go do rent a car or just taxi it? thanks again!