LOGIN | REGISTER

Snapped board...To buy or not to buy?

Need a little advice. Just got out to LA and heading up the Coast. Didn't bring any boards so thought to just buy one and sell it before I leave. Long story short, going to look at a
    7' 0" Nezzy Hawaiin shape tomorrow for $150.00. It snapped and was professionally repaired in Hawaii according to the seller. Anyways never dealt with a snapped board before, so what's the opinions, good move, bad move, anything in particular I should look for? Any advise well appreciated...

Bad idea. End of story.

Images
    Offer $35 and only go to $50 then walk

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtythirty34 View Post
    Bad idea. End of story.
    x2 Bad Idea

Images
    Think of trying to re-sell the once snapped board once you leave.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by davincimoon View Post
    Need a little advice. Just got out to LA and heading up the Coast. Didn't bring any boards so thought to just buy one and sell it before I leave. Long story short, going to look at a
    7' 0" Nezzy Hawaiin shape tomorrow for $150.00. It snapped and was professionally repaired in Hawaii according to the seller. Anyways never dealt with a snapped board before, so what's the opinions, good move, bad move, anything in particular I should look for? Any advise well appreciated...

Bad idea unless it was snapped within 12" of the nose. Snaps up front are mostly a cosmetic issue and won't affect the ride (but will affect the resale.) Don't gamble your trip on a questionable board. I wouldn't bother trying to negotiate the price down to $50..even if the guy accepts a crazy lowball offer its still not worth it.
    Last edited by mitchell; Oct 2, 2009 at 01:54 PM.

Would you buy a totaled car?

its gonna snap again and its going to be heavy and imbalanced

Sage advice, THANK YOU!!! Glad I didn't go ahead and buy it, rented some junk and had just as good a time in blown out conditions, although Sand Dollar beach would have been nice to have a good stick yesterday the board probably would have snapped after a day or two anyways. Anyways have to turn in the rental car soon and taking a trip to Baja after so would have been stuck having to transport the board with no vehicle. Think to get lucky with something down in Baja and if not so be it. Just going with the flow...Pura Vida