LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha racer 686 View Post
    i am on board 7.

its a ton of fun. once you start shaping different sizes, shapes, and bottom contours you figure out what works for you. then when you figure out a good shape and understand how the boards work you can order boards to your dimensions from places like coil.

i havent reached that point yet.

I see your name on swaylocks everynow and then as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mofosurfer.com View Post
    I see your name on swaylocks everynow and then as well.
    haha yeah i throw up a post every now and then. there's at least 5-10 from here that post over there.some great minds on that site. ive learned a lot. just started doing bamboo veneers. what a difference in strength.

my newest board i shaped to small and skinny, so i am adding A300 corecell to the rails to bring out the width. along with that, bamboo veneers, and my heavy glassing the board should last through whatever i put it through. and still end up at about the same price as an off the rack.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha racer 686 View Post
    haha yeah i throw up a post every now and then. there's at least 5-10 from here that post over there.some great minds on that site. ive learned a lot. just started doing bamboo veneers. what a difference in strength.

my newest board i shaped to small and skinny, so i am adding A300 corecell to the rails to bring out the width. along with that, bamboo veneers, and my heavy glassing the board should last through whatever i put it through. and still end up at about the same price as an off the rack.

Nice man. My current project are hand planes. For some reason I've really been bitten by the body surfing bug lately and I've been keeping fins in my trunk for those days that the board is just not going to work. I've seen some unreal flicks on YouTube regarding body surfing with a handgun (handplane) and it just looked so bad ass. So, I did some research, checked out Hess's handboards and a few others, saw that they were priced around $90 and decided that I could make them for under $20.
    Bought the redwood, glued up, clamped up, rough cutted, sanded down, cutting out the handles tonight, and I should be glassing them this week. I thought about just varnishing it, but I would like a little more structural support so I'm going with glass.

Next up is a paipo board. Then I'm going to give an alaia a shot after that.
    My first alaia will probably be a prone alaia, then after that a standup.

I've also been kicking around shaping a handgun with a flextail... that could be mind blowing.

I'm on Sways once and awhile. Mostly lurking, but a member since 2004 (or 5?).
    Best shaping site ever.

Quote Originally Posted by mofosurfer.com View Post
    Nice man. My current project are hand planes. For some reason I've really been bitten by the body surfing bug lately and I've been keeping fins in my trunk for those days that the board is just not going to work. I've seen some unreal flicks on YouTube regarding body surfing with a handgun (handplane) and it just looked so bad ass. So, I did some research, checked out Hess's handboards and a few others, saw that they were priced around $90 and decided that I could make them for under $20.
    Bought the redwood, glued up, clamped up, rough cutted, sanded down, cutting out the handles tonight, and I should be glassing them this week. I thought about just varnishing it, but I would like a little more structural support so I'm going with glass.

Next up is a paipo board. Then I'm going to give an alaia a shot after that.
    My first alaia will probably be a prone alaia, then after that a standup.

I've also been kicking around shaping a handgun with a flextail... that could be mind blowing.

I'm on Sways once and awhile. Mostly lurking, but a member since 2004 (or 5?).
    Best shaping site ever.
    yeah ill definately check those out. its not about what you ride. its about how you ride it and do you enjoy it.

yea ive been looking into that for a while. i didnt have the money so i decided to make my own longboard skateboard which i know is a lot different but i now know that shaping isnt for everyone.