LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: College

College

ok so im starting to look at schools. these are some of the ones i like so far Monmouth in nj , flagler in fl, unc wilmington, and stockton in nj.... anybody have any more ideas for a school where i can surf, have fun and and study some kind of marine science preferbly oceanography.

search the topic, there are tons of threads

alright thanks

Images
    There are two answers to your question, if you ask me anyway =P

Best in the Nation for marine studies and living/surfing by the sea.
    UCSD, San Diego. Sick marine programs, sick aquariums, sick campus, Blacks is basically ON the campus, and scripps is litterally on the campus. Research the Scripps Institute that UCSD runs. Its offical. Best surf school in the continental US.

Second Best, and only if you are a chrisitan, who doesn't drink etc. Point Loma Nazarene University. The whole campus is panoramic ocean view that sits on top of about 10 of the best reef breaks on the entire west coast.

Combine that with perfect weather and pretty warm water all year and you are set...

Far from home, but set.

Images
    ohh, and UNC wilmington is third in my book, as far as all of the research I have done. Not the best surf, but a solid surf community and a great college town with some marine programs.

Thumbs down

college is for over-achievers

"yer mom goes to college"

This is a good article about the topic

http://surf.transworld.net/2008/11/1...es-in-america/
    Last edited by lax8810; Oct 4, 2009 at 02:14 PM.

College

You can also check out collegeboards.com. It lists all the US colleges by major. You will have to figure out the geography. The surfing around San Diego is great and so is the surfing community there. If you want to surf Point Loma you need a boat or you will have to join the Navy or be a Park Ranger. Good luck on your search

where the f*** is salisbury on that transworld list