close ad [x]

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This Weekend

Images

This Weekend

What do you think will happen this weekend with this forecast? I hope it stays offshore, but during Hurricane Bill Swellinfo predicted it to be 14 or 15 feet and choppy on that Saturday and Sunday when it was 6-8 feet and clean. We should get waves no matter what though.

the waves are not going to be ridable. its going to suck

Images
    You think? I mean Ocean City, Maryland can't handle it when it is giant. I think the waves will be a lot smaller than what they are calling for.

Smile

it will be nice to see how friday is gonna look.but it seems to me that when we have a predicted swell of any kind,it really gets interesting once the winds are in some westerly direction.before that,it seems to just be a sloppy mess,yes,big sometimes,but it isn't much fun if you get sea-sick between sets.once the winds are out of the west,that's when you'll see the potential of what's hittin us now.

Images
    Yeah good point. I hope it is going to stay for how they predicting it right now. It is going to be west either Saturday or Sunday. I hope both days are going to be good.

Images
    im only going to be down for monday and tuesday leftovers but monday should be a lot of fun. chest high practically all day and clean..classic fall surf and no goons around.

Talking

yeah,notice that on our forcast for our beach,that's when it all goes blue/green.the true potential & size of what's hittin us will come out then.i don't know about the rest on here,but i like my waves as clean & hollow as possible & i'd rather wait through the mess even if it is the biggest.when those winds switch west,start checkin your spots & i bet you'll find there going off with big 'ol A-frames for you to enjoy...

Images
    ALSO, take your cams out and make some surf vids of our 1st/2nd combo Nor'easter of the season. Seems like this winter season could produce some nasty storms. they were saying because of el nino that we have a higher chance for noreasters and look..we already have 2.

you guys thinking the swell will wrap to cape may light house on sat? could be worth a try with those nne winds

Images
    Yeah I think it might get to Cape May, but it isn't going to be the biggest spot. Now the forecast changed, we will see what happens.

Place this code at the end of your tag: