LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This Weekend

Images

This Weekend

What do you think will happen this weekend with this forecast? I hope it stays offshore, but during Hurricane Bill Swellinfo predicted it to be 14 or 15 feet and choppy on that Saturday and Sunday when it was 6-8 feet and clean. We should get waves no matter what though.

the waves are not going to be ridable. its going to suck

Images
    You think? I mean Ocean City, Maryland can't handle it when it is giant. I think the waves will be a lot smaller than what they are calling for.

Smile

it will be nice to see how friday is gonna look.but it seems to me that when we have a predicted swell of any kind,it really gets interesting once the winds are in some westerly direction.before that,it seems to just be a sloppy mess,yes,big sometimes,but it isn't much fun if you get sea-sick between sets.once the winds are out of the west,that's when you'll see the potential of what's hittin us now.

Images
    Yeah good point. I hope it is going to stay for how they predicting it right now. It is going to be west either Saturday or Sunday. I hope both days are going to be good.

Images
    im only going to be down for monday and tuesday leftovers but monday should be a lot of fun. chest high practically all day and clean..classic fall surf and no goons around.

Talking

yeah,notice that on our forcast for our beach,that's when it all goes blue/green.the true potential & size of what's hittin us will come out then.i don't know about the rest on here,but i like my waves as clean & hollow as possible & i'd rather wait through the mess even if it is the biggest.when those winds switch west,start checkin your spots & i bet you'll find there going off with big 'ol A-frames for you to enjoy...

Images
    ALSO, take your cams out and make some surf vids of our 1st/2nd combo Nor'easter of the season. Seems like this winter season could produce some nasty storms. they were saying because of el nino that we have a higher chance for noreasters and look..we already have 2.

you guys thinking the swell will wrap to cape may light house on sat? could be worth a try with those nne winds

Images
    Yeah I think it might get to Cape May, but it isn't going to be the biggest spot. Now the forecast changed, we will see what happens.