LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

THE BEST wetsuit

Ive got around around $400 bucks to spend on a winter wettie this year, and am looking to get a top notch suit. Anyone have any last minute suggestions before i choose (surf in ocmd by the way)
    Ive done a bit of research already and am looking at:
    Body Glove Vapor?-front zip
    Oniell Heat?
    Rip Curl E-Bomb?
    Xcel DRYLOCK?-front zip
    Oniell Mutant?
    Psycho 2?

Should I get a hooded suit or buy a hood separately? Any advice would help thanks.

Matuse check out the website, pretty cool stuff, eco-friendly and from what i hear super light and dries way faster than normal neoprene. im in a hooded quiksilver ignite its really nice suit and plenty warm but it takes all night to dry and still damp the next morning, even with a fan blowing on it. if i had 400 bones to spend on a new winter suit it would be a Patagonia or Matuse

Matuse
    http://matuse.com/products.html?category_id=1

Patagonia
    http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/prod...TSUITS_LANDING
    ________
    TTR50
    Last edited by JDallam; Jan 19, 2011 at 05:57 AM.

suits with attached hood are way more comfortable than the ones with separate hoods.

try on all the suits you can. the best suit is the one that fits you best.

agreed, attached hood=minimal flushing=warmer and you dont choke yourself all day
    ________
    Yamaha XV535
    Last edited by JDallam; Jan 19, 2011 at 05:57 AM.

Images
    Top of the food chain to me is Patagonia. (a little out of your price range)

All the suits you listed are all good suits. It's really gonna come down to what fits you the best.

IMO - For $400 I would go for the Vapor.
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Oct 19, 2009 at 03:51 PM.

i just got an xcel infin 5/4/3 through whiskey militia for 200 but realized after that it's not hooded. i'm goign to buy a 3mm hood for under it. my buddy has done that fora while and hasn't had any problems

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...X7F9Y07WPE72Z1

Question

i have a question for all you Bethany/OC locals.is a 4/3 thick enough to do the job all through winter? even in the dead of February? when it can be like 10F out? i only have a spring suit now & i when i get a full suit,i'm thinking to buy just 1.is the 4/3 enough for the depths of February here?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyboarddude View Post
    i have a question for all you Bethany/OC locals.is a 4/3 thick enough to do the job all through winter? even in the dead of February? when it can be like 10F out? i only have a spring suit now & i when i get a full suit,i'm thinking to buy just 1.is the 4/3 enough for the depths of February here?
    If you get a 4:3 Patagonia then yes. Otherwise no

West 6/5/4

I've used a west lotus hooded 6/5/4 for the past 3 winters and its been the best winter suit ive ever used. Hands down the warmest ive ever used and its real flexible for a 6 mil...gets a lil toasty tho when its too cold for a 4/3 but too warm for a 6/5/4 but ill take it. I highly recommend this suit