LOGIN | REGISTER

Body Glove Vapor

I'm currently in the market for a wetsuit that is going to last me all winter long surfing in OCMD. Ive been a strictly summer surfer in the past so I'm not very educated in the brands of wetsuits. Ive got my eye on a Body Glove Vapor, is this a good brand suit? and if so what thickness should i get that would be ideal for lasting me from late fall to early spring?
    Last edited by Swimmer Dude; Oct 19, 2009 at 06:31 PM.

Images
    5/4/3 should do it for all winter, but that'll be too hot for early fall and late spring... so you'll need like a 3/2 as well. Then boots and gloves are also a must for the winter. Boots are a must for fall/spring but not gloves. As for brand, go with what fits perfect and is comfortable. You want it to be relatively tight, but still have wiggle room. If its too loose, the water will get flushed all the time and it won't do you any good, but if its too tight, you won't be able to bend.

Images
    Wow... really man? You missed the thread directly above yours titled... "THE BEST wetsuit"?

http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6251

Already 3 pages on winter suits.

I didn't read the three pages yet. Check it out. Get the brand that fits you the best. The Vapor is a great suit. I have one. O'neil fits me better so I stick with their top of the line wet suits either the Psychofreak or Psyhco II. Don't go cheap for winter. One good one will serve you better than two cheap. Hood attached or detacable, boots and gloves for sure.

7mm boots
    5/4/3 WITH integrated hood!!

5mm gloves (mitts or lobster claws)

All of the above for dead of winter.

For late fall and early to mid spring:

3/2 (with a hooded vest)
    3mm five finger gloves
    3mm botties.

Images
    I use my bodyglove vapor 4/3 for winter, rip curl ebomb 3/2 for fall/srping.