LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Drifter.

The Drifter.

Anyone seen this yet? the trailer is sick.

should i drop the big bucks or is it overrated?

the surfing is good im sure... Just don't buy into the whole Rob Machado image, he is actually quite the prick.

Images
    ^^^ lol........

Images
    I met him in 2005 and he was pretty cool, but I can see where you're coming from.

rob machado is the only "drifter" who has a full film crew with him at all times

Quote Originally Posted by BonerSurfs View Post
    the surfing is good im sure... Just don't buy into the whole Rob Machado image, he is actually quite the prick.
    I have heard the same thing from a bunch of other people.

I used to think Rob was the man. Then me and my boy Retrosurfsvb recorded his firsthand and spent all day trying to find where we saved it. And all it was about was how he was a ***** about breaking his ankle jumping off a knee high wave in wrightsville beach onto a sandbar that was too shallow. That being said he's still a gnarly surfer.

Images
    Meh...I dont think it looks that great. I think its kinda of stupid to be quite honest. the only way hes able to afford to "drift" is because he has so many sponsors and such. if he was just a normal joe like all of us, he would not be able to do the movie. Plus it didnt just happen that he randomly decided to "drift" and surf wherever, obviously the movie was planned...hence someone filmed it.

I think patience will be a lot better.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    Meh...I dont think it looks that great. I think its kinda of stupid to be quite honest. the only way hes able to afford to "drift" is because he has so many sponsors and such. if he was just a normal joe like all of us, he would not be able to do the movie. Plus it didnt just happen that he randomly decided to "drift" and surf wherever, obviously the movie was planned...hence someone filmed it.

I think patience will be a lot better.
    ya, but Castaway with Tom Hanks, wasn't real either, but I still really enjoyed that movie.

Images
    yeah but that's hollywood and was known to be fictitious. The trailer makes it out to be like this actually happened and that he's unique because he went to a third world country to surf... it's almost a redo of the first endless summer. Anyone could predict you would feel insignificant floating inbetween two islands. You could do the same and just go to NYC for a day. I just don't think the story line is very good because they're making him seem too different compared to everyone else, which he is to an extent, but they're exaggerating it. if anything he sounds depressed. I feel as though they could have presented it in a different way maybe stating that he was trying to find uncrowded waves or whatever.