LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Drifter.

there was no surfing. i bought it cause the trailer looked great the movie was not one of my favorites actually i couldnt finish it. my favorite is shack therapy out of all the surf films ive ever saw

2. Quote Originally Posted by dirtythirty34 View Post
    this movie is terrible, oh yea and someone already did it!! Timmy Turner has a flick out where they literally go to an island in Indo and get dropped off. No boat, no food except for what they brought and they live there for a month. It is called "Second Thoughts", and it blows the drifter out of the water. the waves are better, the action is real, you can feel their struggle. This movie is nothing more than a hollywood fake! Rob Machado is a poser to people who really do it, like the gang in that movie. They had zero camera crew except for a couple of guys who surf and shoot. It even shows them paddling 3 miles across a bay to score a massive left, the cameras are strapped on their boards. watch it, then watch the drifter, you will laugh

... to this day I still think Second Thoughts is in my "top five" if not for sure the "top ten" surf movies. And I big time dig TS (sipping Jetstreams was a little too artsy for me), Shelter is in my top five as well.

That said, Rob has incredible flow that is just friggin mesmerizing. I never drank beers with him or anything so I don't know him as a person, but I could watch him surf for hours.

Images
    Well I finally got to watch The Drifter from Begining to End and I have to say I enjoyed it. Machado's surfing was amazing like expected. His comontary was good aswell. I just didnt get the ending. I felt the movied ended to soon and off key. But all and all I thought it was a good movie.

................................ and there is some boobs in it too

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NSsurfer View Post
    Anyone seen this yet? the trailer is sick.

should i drop the big bucks or is it overrated?
    just dwnload a bit torrent program and dl a pirated copy. screw the mma...

movie wasnt all that it was said to be. although yeah it was pretty sweet, decent surfing but it really doesnt deviate from the surf movie like he wanted it to be. its still pretty good and i would reccommend watching it. i think machado is the man and i try to imitate his surf style with retro style boards with a modern twist. movie is worth the watch, but for me i was left with a bit of unease and incompleteness, idk if thats just me but wtf is a surf movie and we all get hyped and crazy when we see anyone charge gorgeous waves right?

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Well I finally got to watch The Drifter from Begining to End and I have to say I enjoyed it. Machado's surfing was amazing like expected. His comontary was good aswell. I just didnt get the ending. I felt the movied ended to soon and off key. But all and all I thought it was a good movie.

................................ and there is some boobs in it too
    thats if you like lookin at those sweet, supple, and saggy native titties!

Images
    Nah No Native saggers. They were tourist boobies

haha im sorry i forgot about those slush puppies