LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wetsuits and Water temps

Havent been in the water in about 4 weeks and was wondering what everyone in Jersey has been wearing lately.

Water temp is about 60, just about everyone is in 3 mil full suits. No boots or gloves yet.

last weekend in ac was cold. i wore 4/3 w/ boots and my hands were freezing. guys were out in 5m's with boots gloves and hoods but that was overkill

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by swabby View Post
    Water temp is about 60, just about everyone is in 3 mil full suits. No boots or gloves yet.
    hour+ longboard sesh yesterday afternoon in OCMD. knee-thigh high, glassy, sunny warm. Trunked it with a neoprene top. Comfy. Thats about as late in the fall i can remember trunking it.

but yeah 3/2 without booties or gloves monday when the air temps were colder.

Images
    3/2 with 3 mil boots in monmouth county on Monday was good if I kept moving but I could feel my core getting cold if I wasn't moving.

to me it depends on the air right now. if it's in the mid 60's then 3/2 if it gets cold again like lower 50's then I will break out the 4/3 w/ 3 mil boots and possibly the 3 mil gloves.

I was out monday in NJ with my 5/4/3 on, not wearing the hood though. If I had a 4/3 i'd be wearing that but unfortunately only have a spring suit, 3/2 and my winter 5/4/3 . As for boots and gloves... I didn't think it was necessary but it all depends on the person.

7th street surf shop.com (in OCNJ) has on their forecasting section a wetsuit status section. They update it regularly and it is a excellent gage as to what you need to wear. Not to mention their forecast it self is pretty good. check it out.

http://7thstreetsurfshop.com/forcast.htm

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lax8810 View Post
    7th street surf shop.com (in OCNJ) has on their forecasting section a wetsuit status section. They update it regularly and it is a excellent gage as to what you need to wear. Not to mention their forecast it self is pretty good. check it out.

http://7thstreetsurfshop.com/forcast.htm
    ^ That's a pretty good idea! When I haven't been out in a while I always bring extra stuff in my car and then put on/take off accordingly.

Mr. Swellinfo,

could we incorporate something like this into this wonderful site you are running? Maybe up near the top near the tides, temp and wind? Thanks much.

Images
    Last weekend i wore a 4/3 and hood because it was cold and windy. Because it is warm again now, i will be back in a 3/2

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by burdturd View Post
    I was out monday in NJ with my 5/4/3 on, not wearing the hood though. If I had a 4/3 i'd be wearing that but unfortunately only have a spring suit, 3/2 and my winter 5/4/3 . As for boots and gloves... I didn't think it was necessary but it all depends on the person.

same here. too cold for me with a 3/2 so i went with my 5/3 (dont own a 4/3). i went with booties for comfortability and hands and head were fine for an hour+. mightve been just because the NE swell, but probably gonna stick with 5/3 and booties for a little depending on the day.