LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pvjumper05 View Post
    same here. too cold for me with a 3/2 so i went with my 5/3 (dont own a 4/3). i went with booties for comfortability and hands and head were fine for an hour+. mightve been just because the NE swell, but probably gonna stick with 5/3 and booties for a little depending on the day.
    NE swells make the water warmer...

2. I'm just curious... at what temp do most of you guys start breaking out the gloves?

I ask because here in SoCal (venura) where the water drops down to a bone chilling 50ish degrees mid winter I will see guys sporting gloves and really I dont get it.....

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnj View Post
    NE swells make the water warmer...

oh, disregard that then. it just seemed like the water was extra cold this weekend

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mofosurfer.com View Post
    I'm just curious... at what temp do most of you guys start breaking out the gloves?

I ask because here in SoCal (venura) where the water drops down to a bone chilling 50ish degrees mid winter I will see guys sporting gloves and really I dont get it.....
    I would say thats pretty typical for the east coast. i'll be wearing my 3 mm gloves once the water gets below 55, and 5 mm gloves once its below 45-50.

difference between us and you guys might be air temps tho - we're getting daytime air temps in the 40s or lower by the time the water drop to 50 around new years.

5. Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    I would say thats pretty typical for the east coast. i'll be wearing my 3 mm gloves once the water gets below 55, and 5 mm gloves once its below 45-50.

difference between us and you guys might be air temps tho - we're getting daytime air temps in the 40s or lower by the time the water drop to 50 around new years.
    I agree with you completly regarding the air temp. 50 degree water and we could have 65 degree day. Booties, yeah.. I can see that.. but gloves? Nope. I just hate dealing with them.