LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

catch surf's "the one"

i've been lookin' around for a new board for christmas (yes, i know it a long time from now) and i found catch surf's "the one". i was wondering if anyone has ever tried one or owns one and what they think about it. lemme know.

everyone seems to agree that they are pretty mcuh not good at anything.

Images
    thanks. any other suggestions for a board?

Images
    im lookin for an all around fun board that i can take out no matter what the waves are like... and fairly cheap. i already have the al merrick biscuit.

The one is cool, but for cheaper you can have the Herlihy by Toobs

Images
    the beater.
    super skinny standup board. its real sick looking. i think like 150.

why buy a herlihy when you can do standup on pretty much any high quality bodyboard

Quote Originally Posted by nappydreads View Post
    The one is cool, but for cheaper you can have the Herlihy by Toobs
    First off the One is about 20-30 bucks cheaper that Herlihy by TOOBS.

And i have own The One for about a year. SOOO DISAPPOINTED
    its awful for bodyboarding, skimming, and stand up surfing it, baiscally because it cannot hold a rail what so ever.

The Beater is looking sick, and I wish i waited around and got that instead. anyone let me know if they use one.

not to keen on the soft board idea, the catch surf beater looks like it might be fun in the videos on their site plus you can basically just smash it into the sand all day long they look really really slow though
    ________
    vaporizer
    Last edited by JDallam; Jan 19, 2011 at 06:58 AM.

Images
    I dont think the one is that great but The Beater looks like something worth the price. Its only $150 and looks pretty good for stand-up boogying. It looks more surf than it does skim/boogy so maybe thats the thing to go with. I have a Herlihy and its nice I like it a lot but its mainly a bodyboard that you can skim with. The standup aspect is good too but nothing amazing, and its roughly $270-$300. The reason I bought it was mainly because Colin Herlihy is from my hometown of Bethany Beach so I thought Id support the cause. They are indestructable though its crazy, 3 stringers has lasted me skimming and boogying shorebreak for 3 years now.

Buy a surfboard dorks