LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: saturday

combo swell

are you seeing the charts in rodanthe on saturday. Screw that "spot" im going to a way better spot in pea island, and most other people should think about doing so also. Come to think of it there are tons of spots there so go find you own spot. Especially with combo swells like were gonna have on sat, any spot will be good. Just don't go to s turns or shipwrecks, cause those are my spots... hahaha just kidding

Boards and Spots?

I really want to know who buys a surfboard for under 600 bucks? In case you haven't shopped latley, the only way to score decent board under 600 is to make it your self! Surf tech is the best deal right now and your starting at 650...and thats economical.

THERE ARE NO SPOTS! The ocean dried up years ago. Everywhere stinks. Surfing is over rated. I am selling my boards and I am going to start playing bad-mitten! Sh!t rocks.

What are the water temps around OC looking like? Mid 50's?

Whoa there Debbie Downer, ok my 6'6" $525 then new and my 6'1" $100 bout 15 yrs old but best board ever, and sweet one less surfer to get in my way ha jk but seriously bad-mitten?

Images
    nateeb,

mid 50's in delmarva. a quality 3/2, and booties should do you. if your 3/2 isn't very quality you may want to go thicker.

Thanks I appreciate it! See you guys in the water tomorrow!

I was out tues or wed with a spring suit on. It wasn't so bad as long as the air temp is high enough.
    It was still cold as anything tho. :P
    Serously though, a 3/2 or 4/3 should be fine. :P

ya you dont need boots in vb at all. i even saw someone bare backing it the other day and he said it wasnt horrible, he stayed out for like 2 hours

Quote Originally Posted by OBlove View Post
    Wo. Listen up Chris Joyner. Before you go call a lifeguard an idiot, think about the fact that some of these lifeguards are ten times the water men you will ever be. OC lifeguards save over 500 people each year and some of these lifeguards are LAUGHING at the surfers who paddle out every day in knee hi-surf and are claiming it. I love surfring. That is what I do. But I also lifeguard and I admire the north shore posse who is best friends with the local guards on Oahu. There are some lifeguards who don't understand surfing. And why should they? They look out and see kooks day after day charging east coast crap. What does that make a surfer look like...a wus? A lot of real surfers don't even come out in the summer. They hide in the wood work. And if the swell of the summer does come, they know where to go. Lifeguards rule, and a lot of the mid-atlantic top sufers have put their time in on the wooden pine protecting the beaches. Life guards are what drives the beach tourism industry. Good night clubs, summer parties, surf shops, resturants etc. Kooks come to the beach and lifeguards save them. That is how it goes. So if you don't like guards and want to call them idiots because you think you are an incredible pro surfer (yeah right?), move to a deserted island and live it up! I guard for sea colony. If you want to see what a water men is, stop by and I will show you what we do(not as a threat). WE Row, paddle, surfski, swim, run, bodysurf, bodyboard, standup paddle and when the surf hits head hi, we might go get our boards. You'll even see the unit-boys skimmin and flipping out their bodyboards and hanging out with the local guards. Don't talk sh!t on the guard!
    Sea Colony lifeguards are a joke. half of them don't even talk English Chris. Trust me I was a security guard there at one point during my high school years. We were a top-knotch group that did our best to keep everybody safe, unlike the lifeguards who most of the time tried to show off their fancy ATVS, and tell us that we don't have jurisdiction on their beaches....Steve Oboyle and Jordan Obyole were the biggest part of the problem.

I agree with you, as a lifeguard myself at one point (1st choice). 100% of the year-round surf community are better than your average guard. They may not be the strongest swimmer, but most guards don't know how to handle big waves and current. I've seen some good size waves in my time --- Puerto Rico mainly, and most of the lifeguards I know would probably drown. I also know from my friend Nelson Bunting that the Sea Colony guards like to think they are hawaiin -- most of the time they take a lot of help from bethany beach in the summer due to poor training. Just my 2 cents.

Worst guards by far --- Southside State Park.

Will C, I knew someone would know the guards I was speaking of and I am glad I will not see them tomorrow!