LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Maybe? I hope not.

Pretty sure I surfed with poop this AM in Southern Monmouth Co. Took a wave in and paddled through a very questionable smell. Never happened to me before but I have 2 kids and I wipe my ass nearly everyday, so I know what poop smells like. I was dry-heaving sooo much that I had to get out. Anyone else experience something related to this today?

yeah sorry about that I usually don't eat breakfast burritos before a surf

Well every time I surf after it rains within a couple days beforehand it either smells funky or there is blatant pollution in the water. Just something you avoid or get used to.

Images
    were you in spring lake?

most likely yes it was **** you were swimming in

Images
    But did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by mikedub View Post
    But did you like it?
    hahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by matt720 View Post
    were you in spring lake?

most likely yes it was **** you were swimming in

It was spring lake and it was gross. It's just crazy to me that millions of dollars are spent for beach replenishment, but hey, who really cares if there's human poop in the water. It makes me sick on many different levels.

Images
    can someone explain to me how human poo gets in the ocean after a heavy rain? I surfed SL yesterday and although the water wasn't clean, I didn't get the feeling I was paddling through human fecal matter. Swallowed a gulp by accident though, not sick yet.

There has been a problem with the pipe in spring lake dumping tons of bird poo into the water. Chances are thats what you smelt/tasted. It comes from wreck pond.

Dont worry the army corp of engineers will fix it
    http://www.allbusiness.com/governmen...3087683-1.html

In the summer the town closes these beach after it rains because of the pollution.

Surfed Avon today,Water was pretty nasty.Did swallow some dirty water.Didn't taste to well.Usually I avoid surfing after a nice heavy rain but said screw it at least theirs waves today even thou they were mainly closeouts.