LOGIN | REGISTER

rip curl pro search live

http://www.fuel.tv/ripcurlprosearch

watch at work! that's what i'm doing.

It sucks that Fanning is gonna get a shot straight through to the final because of Owen Wright's injury, whereas Parko is gonna have to earn it. It would be awesome to see the worlds #1 and #2 in a final with one event to go, essentially tied in the rankings. The winner wouldn't decide the title but it would be a big up.

yeah man, i def agree. i wonder how the surf is going to be there tomorrow. it's macking right now and doing a number on some competitors. it's definitely sh*tty about owen wright because he was surfing really well and totally charging. he beat kelly and dane also.

dane should take his place

I enjoy watching the events every year,...but those contests sure can be sooo subjective sometimes. I enjoy watching great surfing no matter who it is,...but it seems as though this leg of the tour has seen a noticeable shift in the way forward for the tour.
    That new tour that was proposed and the result of it being kicked to the street, has changed everything.

Mr. Slater has been sent packing,...from what I can tell,...(hell I can feel that vibe all the way over on this side of the Atlantic), and it would not surprise me that it would now take perfect tens and near flawless surfing for Mr Slater to ever think he could have a chance of winning that tenth title.

Mr. Slater's days of getting the nod in a close heat are over.

Not to say he is done........get real right,..I am just saying that a collective shift has been seen and felt,..........the way forward has been decided, and it really does not include Mr Slater,............<<<<<this is just my opinion from my observations.<<<<<<

As far as the Owen thing, Great surfing for sure, (how the hell did he make it out of that perfect ten he posted?), and yes plenty of times contestants have won heats even when leaving the water early, but I just question some of the heat results since the Euro leg of the tour kicked in, more so then usual.

I think part of that could be how poor the waves have been for the Euro portion.

I go to portugal every year and lucky originally from there, so it's cool to surf super's and baleal, almagreira, belgas, etc.. and see the tourism flourish and town get publicity from search contest.

Even in August still need a 3/2 water is always in low to mid 60s year round in that area. Anyway, supertubos is definitelly powerful shorebreak even at 3ft and everyone was charging yesterday. none of those waves were easy and showed how advanced and professional athletes these guys are.

Wonder how different (if any) they would have surfed if they had more rubber on like 4/3 booties and gloves and water was like mid 40s feb jersey style.

And the owen wright and parko barrels were sick..as well as mick fannings bomb at the end of his qaurters heat.

that bobby martinez barrel was the sickest

Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    that bobby martinez barrel was the sickest
    Agreed, bobby's barrel was intense..too bad he got clipped by the lip on way out.