LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do people work?

Do people work?

Ive checked the mid town cam several times during the week and cant get over how many people are out in the middle of the day. Don't get me wrong, I'd be out there if I could but I have to pay the bills. I just don't get what all these people do that allow them to be mob up 48th during th week in the middle of the day? I realize not everyone has a 9-5 but it looks like a summer weekend out there!

Images
    Nationally, 1 in 10 are unemployed. Therefore (no other factors included).....1 in 10 surfers are unemployed.

In your area the percentages might be even higher since its such a seasonal place.

dude i've been wondering the same thing for years. being stuck in the office watching other people score good waves is pretty awful.

Images
    Hell yea, I was a a board meeting most of the day today

Let me second and third the sentiment, and expose my fogey-ism. I remember living in OC in the early 80's and driving around looking for someone to surf with on October days just like this one (November and December days too!). Even the main break of the day - surprise, 48th Street - could be empty.

Maybe crawling into an O'Neill O'riginal fullsuit had something to do with keeping the crowds down. Best description of these suits I ever heard came from an equivalent-aged Outer Banks surf shop owner - it was surfing while wearing a garden hose.

Anyway, more power to those who can get on it on a whim.

Work

They probably got fired for watching web cams at work.

7. Quote Originally Posted by jaywop View Post
    they probably got fired for watching web cams at work.
    whap!

:d

business owners (a lot of smaller places aren't open during the week now or closed altogether), servers/bartenders (night work), real estate agents (nuff said), kids (skipping school). today was fun.

So how big was it today in OC,MD? From the cam, it looked waist - chest, and it usually looks bigger when your'e out there.

One report says 4-5ft with overhead sets.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jaywop View Post
    They probably got fired for watching web cams at work.
    haha correct. . .