LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Talking

dude,check out:
    www.boogerking.com.au

they have the most extensive selection of fins & alot of styles i've never even seen before.they're mad expensive with shipping to the US,but if you want something different,that's the shop for you.the shop is owned by Ben Player's brother Toby,so they know what they're talkin about.i didn't see the Eon's you have,but they have alot of styles that are similar.

I bought the exact same EON fins a couple years ago at Liquid in Rehoboth...don't know if they still carry the brand, but worth giving them a call...I wear Custom X in the winter over 5mm and they're super comfortable.

Images
    Found em! Found them on Eppo's site

nomad_fin2.jpg

Although they are Nomad NX fins and not Eon fins. Maybe Eon changed or sold the copyright to Nomad.

Does anyone know about the POD3 fins? They look pretty sick.

Images
    Vipers....

Images
    The original Tech fins are one of the wider foot pockets that are readily available @ most retailers I have been wearing them with 5mil boots (not socks) for years during the winter. Vipers are a very narrow foot pocket in general. I have Vipers, Kicks, Custom X, Redley, Chuchill & Tech original & the Tech's are the best for me in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck white View Post
    The original Tech fins are one of the wider foot pockets that are readily available @ most retailers I have been wearing them with 5mil boots (not socks) for years during the winter. Vipers are a very narrow foot pocket in general. I have Vipers, Kicks, Custom X, Redley, Chuchill & Tech original & the Tech's are the best for me in the winter.
    I will second what Chuck says here about the fins and the pocket width with a minor personal preference for winter: Hydro Tech (these came after the Hydro Finz Original and before the Tech 2) - the Hydro Tech blade isn't quite as wide and stiff and has a slightly simpler blade than the Finz. I would still prefer a "winter" version of the Vipers, i.e, a larger foot pocket.

Images
    I agree with you on a winter version of a Viper. Thanks for all of your inputs, especially chuck. I will be making my decision soon, and will more than likely end up in k-coast since they got the best selection of fins around these parts.

Images
    If you go to K-Coast & try on the fins, try them on with 5mil boots not socks. That way you know you have plenty of room. If it feels like it's pinching the sides of the foot initially, then try a different pair because it will only get worse if you have them on for any period of time.

P.S. Skip the expensive fin savers & go with good round athletic shoelaces instead. In the 20+ years I have using shoelaces I have yet to lose a pair of fins.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck white View Post
    If you go to K-Coast & try on the fins, try them on with 5mil boots not socks. That way you know you have plenty of room. If it feels like it's pinching the sides of the foot initially, then try a different pair because it will only get worse if you have them on for any period of time.

P.S. Skip the expensive fin savers & go with good round athletic shoelaces instead. In the 20+ years I have using shoelaces I have yet to lose a pair of fins.
    fin teathers are only five dollers i think. Do u really use a shoe lase? How