LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 96l lookin sexy

i'm 45 min from the beach at work. it's way far. regardless, i'm up around 6:15 and i'd bet if you're suited, at the the beach by 6 you'd definitely be good. prob means no shower before work (who cares)

Images
    I prefer staying salty...

hmmm... up at 5:40 at the beach, suited and in by 6 surf till 6:50 and out dressed and on my way to work by 7:05 to get there by 7:30....

Perfect.

Images
    the 5:00 darkness is kind of bumming me out.

Images
    I work 2nd shift from 12noon- 8:30 Pm so If I dont have to put the kids on the bus in the Am I try to get a quick Dp session in before I have to leave for work I have a 45 min drive and I gota add the quick stop home on my way in to work to rinse off. I really depend on weekend wave this time of year

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    I prefer staying salty...

hmmm... up at 5:40 at the beach, suited and in by 6 surf till 6:50 and out dressed and on my way to work by 7:05 to get there by 7:30....

Perfect.
    hahha.. so I tried this this morning and didn't work out so good... could not get myself up at 5:20.

But will most definitely be doing it tomorrow am being that med. period swell fills in and is going to be clean! Might have to be a little late to work

Images
    I was up at 5:50 this morning and it's light enough out to be in the water by 6. I watched the waves from 6:40 until 7 and it looked good (clean but cold). Could def. get at least a 45 minute session in before work.

I'm going to try to get as much as I can done the night before. Like having everything in the car (board, towel, work clothes, etc.) That way I just get up, brush my teeth, put on my suit, grab my keys and go.

i will try this tomorrow morning as well. i think the cold air/water will do more for waking me up than a shower and coffee... it's just a matter of getting myself down there.

I got a solid 45 minutes sesh in last night from 4:30 to 5:20ish. It was choppy but there were some good ones coming through.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    I was up at 5:50 this morning and it's light enough out to be in the water by 6. I watched the waves from 6:40 until 7 and it looked good (clean but cold). Could def. get at least a 45 minute session in before work.

I'm going to try to get as much as I can done the night before. Like having everything in the car (board, towel, work clothes, etc.) That way I just get up, brush my teeth, put on my suit, grab my keys and go.

i will try this tomorrow morning as well. i think the cold air/water will do more for waking me up than a shower and coffee... it's just a matter of getting myself down there.

I got a solid 45 minutes sesh in last night from 4:30 to 5:20ish. It was choppy but there were some good ones coming through.
    hahaha, love that you're in the same boat as I am pretty much.. but yeah I just bit the bullet this morning..gonna get it after work today and definitely get it in the am.

8. Dawn patrols are the absolute best way to get waves solo around here. Now with the time change I am in the water no later than 5:45 and surf till 7:30. Soon I will be able to see at 5:30 and I can get a solid 2 hours. Usually for the first 30 minutes, maybe even 45 I can surf alone or with maybe one other head. I love being the first guy out... even though by getting out at 7:30 I'm usually one of the first ones getting out of the water.

The amount of high tides this year for morning sessions have just been a ball buster. Friggin nutso how many incredibly high tides weve had and how many we will have till the end of the year.

Anyways... I love morning sessions... glassy barrels.
    We need some swell.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mofosurfer.com View Post
    Dawn patrols are the absolute best way to get waves solo around here. Now with the time change I am in the water no later than 5:45 and surf till 7:30. Soon I will be able to see at 5:30 and I can get a solid 2 hours. Usually for the first 30 minutes, maybe even 45 I can surf alone or with maybe one other head. I love being the first guy out... even though by getting out at 7:30 I'm usually one of the first ones getting out of the water.

The amount of high tides this year for morning sessions have just been a ball buster. Friggin nutso how many incredibly high tides weve had and how many we will have till the end of the year.

Anyways... I love morning sessions... glassy barrels.
    We need some swell.
    So I made it to the water by 6:20, later than I wanted to..but to my surprise... it was knee high and barely breaking! ****!

Images
    I'm with you on that. After my full moon session last night I pulled up expecting to see chest to shoulder high reeling barrels... Not happening. Glad I stayed in until 6 last night (well past dark). Anyone else get it last night? There was a wait but I surfed literally in front of a Jetty and got some good barrels and loooong lines. Good times...

Forecast is not looking as good as it did on Monday...